OctaneRender 2 for Revit [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2 for Revit [OBSOLETE]
Autodesk Revit (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender for Revit Beta 2.0 [TEST]

Postby andredms » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 pm

andredms Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 pm
face_off wrote:
coloured reflective solar glass - I can't precisely reproduce those materials inside Octane
Check the LiveDb materials. Non-Organic->Glass has a heap of materials you can use. This is covered in the manual at http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Revit/?page_id=35.

Paul

Hi Paul, still some issues:

> LiveDB do not have any architectural reflective glass;

> How to use a material made in standalone into the Revit plugin?

> Render statistics never display textures used (viewport window);

> The Octane plugin scene is not attached to the Revit 3D View - there is a lot of rework to be done after each render - every camera and environment settings need to be redone;
andredms
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:29 pm

face_off Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:29 pm
> LiveDB do not have any architectural reflective glass;
What about the LiveDb material "glass architectural"? It probably needs "fake shadows" enabled.

> How to use a material made in standalone into the Revit plugin?
Current, you need to save it to the LiveDb. However in the future hopefully you will be able to access LocalDb materials from both Standalone and the plugins (but this is not currently possible). The idea behind the Revit plugin is that you don't need to use Standalone materials - simply create your materials in the plugin.

> Render statistics never display textures used (viewport window);
For me this is being correctly displayed. The number of texturemaps is in the "Textures Used/Total" line of the Viewport. If this is not working for you, could you pls post a screenshot of the Viewport statistics?

> The Octane plugin scene is not attached to the Revit 3D View - there is a lot of rework to be done after each render - every camera and environment settings need to be redone;
There are a lot of issues with the Revit API relating to camera matching. So to get an exact camera match, you need to leave the left and right Revit Preview window borders as they are. Once they are moved, the plugin cannot determine the correct camera angle and fov. This is covered in the manual at http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Revit/?page_id=67. For environment sun direction, pls refer to the manual at http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Revit/?page_id=74.

Hope that helps.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby andredms » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:06 pm

andredms Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:06 pm
There are a lot of issues with the Revit API relating to camera matching. So to get an exact camera match, you need to leave the left and right Revit Preview window borders as they are. Once they are moved, the plugin cannot determine the correct camera angle and fov. This is covered in the manual at http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Revit/?page_id=67. For environment sun direction, pls refer to the manual at http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Revit/?page_id=74.

Hi Paul, I was referring to the plugin settings for each 3D View. if I need to render another Revit 3D View, the settings are not customized as "per Revit 3D View" - in every scene, the plugin settings are the same, so I need to do the settings every time, for any single scene render.

For me this is being correctly displayed. The number of texturemaps is in the "Textures Used/Total" line of the Viewport. If this is not working for you, could you pls post a screenshot of the Viewport statistics?

Screenshot on attachment.
Attachments
oc_rev_stats_error.jpg
andredms
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:24 pm

face_off Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:24 pm
Hi Paul, I was referring to the plugin settings for each 3D View. if I need to render another Revit 3D View, the settings are not customized as "per Revit 3D View" - in every scene, the plugin settings are the same, so I need to do the settings every time, for any single scene render.
"Save Rednertarget to View" should do what you want - see http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Revit/?page_id=31.

Render statistics never display textures used (viewport window);
For the screennshot provided - where there actually any texturemaps used in the scene? Texturemaps will only be used if there is geometry in the scene with material assigned which have Image, Alpha Image and Grayscale Image nodes. Also, have you check the Log on the Devices tab? There might be texturemaps not found.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby andredms » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:19 am

andredms Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:19 am
"Save Rednertarget to View" should do what you want - see http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Revit/?page_id=31.

That's great - thank you.

For the screennshot provided - where there actually any texturemaps used in the scene? Texturemaps will only be used if there is geometry in the scene with material assigned which have Image, Alpha Image and Grayscale Image nodes. Also, have you check the Log on the Devices tab? There might be texturemaps not found.

Another screenshot on attachment. Also, the shadows are in the wrong direction, even with Environment as daylight. There are no errors on the Octane log.
Attachments
oc_rev_stats_error.jpg
andredms
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:36 am

face_off Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:36 am
Another screenshot on attachment. Also, the shadows are in the wrong direction, even with Environment as daylight. There are no errors on the Octane log.
Are you setting the daylight up as instructed in the manual? http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Revit/?page_id=74

Regarding the texturemap numbers, if you export that scene to Octane Standalone (via OCS), what does Octane Standalone report your texturemap usage as?

What Nvidia drivers are you running? I you put you PC spec, Nvidia drivers, etc in your signature, it will make it easier to know what environment you are running on.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby andredms » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:44 pm

andredms Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:44 pm
face_off wrote:Regarding the texturemap numbers, if you export that scene to Octane Standalone (via OCS), what does Octane Standalone report your texturemap usage as?

What Nvidia drivers are you running? I you put you PC spec, Nvidia drivers, etc in your signature, it will make it easier to know what environment you are running on.

win7_ult_x64_sp1, 24gb ram, gtx titan (quadro k-series viewport), 9.18.13.3788 (gtx), revit 20130531_2115(x64) up_rl3, octane revit plugin 2.0.10.5, octane_std_2.00
Attachments
oc_rev_stats_error2.jpg
andredms
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:20 pm

face_off Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:20 pm
win7_ult_x64_sp1, 24gb ram, gtx titan (quadro k-series viewport), 9.18.13.3788 (gtx), revit 20130531_2115(x64) up_rl3, octane revit plugin 2.0.10.5, octane_std_2.00
Thanks - if you put that in your signature that will help for on-going support. What Nvidia driver are you running? (ie. 335.23?). What did Octane Standalone report the texturemap usage as?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby andredms » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:05 am

andredms Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:05 am
face_off wrote:
Thanks - if you put that in your signature that will help for on-going support. What Nvidia driver are you running? (ie. 335.23?). What did Octane Standalone report the texturemap usage as?

Paul

Hi Paul, the previous image on attachment is from standalone - there, the texturemap usage is okay (same scene exported from revit). The gtx driver version is 9.18.13.3788 (337.88).
andredms
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:15 am

face_off Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:15 am
Hi Paul, the previous image on attachment is from standalone - there, the texturemap usage is okay (same scene exported from revit). The gtx driver version is 9.18.13.3788 (337.88).
Thanks - I thought maybe the Nvidia driver version was reporting the wrong texturemap usage - but looks like it's fine. I have no explanation as to why the plugin is showing 0 texturemaps used. It's working OK for me - sorry.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Autodesk Revit