Hotfix update

Forums: Hotfix update
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Re: Hotfix update

Postby Seekerfinder » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Seekerfinder Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:36 pm
resmas wrote:Hello again mate, when running the installer I have to set the directory where to install. The default option of the installer is C:\ProgramData\Sketchup|Sketchup 2014.... in my computer its not this directory. If I run the installer as default setting, it installs but doesn't show up in SU... the problem might be here C:\ProgramData\.

Lets see if Fuzzy can sort this.

cheers
resmas

Thanks Resmas. I did change the default location but this did not work either - BUT... you effectively solved my problem. Here's the story:

1. Changed default installation location to C:\Program Files (x86)\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014\Plugins
2. So the installation works but it's but the new version is not visible in SU...
3. Move the files over from the Plugins folder to the TOOLS folder and voila!

So Fuzzy,
I am wondering why the default installation is the program data one when the default Sketchup folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014...?

Also, there seems to be some duplication with the Plugins vs Tools directory. Others seem to have no installation problems so I'm a bit lost here...

Best,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fuzzybro » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:00 pm

fuzzybro Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:00 pm
resmas wrote:Hello again mate, when running the installer I have to set the directory where to install. The default option of the installer is C:\ProgramData\Sketchup|Sketchup 2014.... in my computer its not this directory. If I run the installer as default setting, it installs but doesn't show up in SU... the problem might be here C:\ProgramData\.

Lets see if Fuzzy can sort this.

cheers
resmas

Hi resmas,

SketchUp team changed the "plugins" folder location for SU2014. It is no longer possible to install plugin to ProgramFiles/Sketchup/Sketchup2014/Plugins, 'cause there is no such folder, so for SU2014 every plugin shoould be installed in ProgramData folder.

Are you running windows XP? Win Vista, 7 and 8 should have ProgramData folder.
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby fuzzybro » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:02 pm

fuzzybro Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:02 pm
Seekerfinder wrote:Thanks Resmas. I did change the default location but this did not work either - BUT... you effectively solved my problem. Here's the story:

1. Changed default installation location to C:\Program Files (x86)\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014\Plugins
2. So the installation works but it's but the new version is not visible in SU...
3. Move the files over from the Plugins folder to the TOOLS folder and voila!

So Fuzzy,
I am wondering why the default installation is the program data one when the default Sketchup folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014...?

Also, there seems to be some duplication with the Plugins vs Tools directory. Others seem to have no installation problems so I'm a bit lost here...

Best,
Seeker

Hi Seeker,

SU team changed the plugins folder in SU2014 so all plugins have to installed in ProgramData folder from now on.
What kind of problems do you get with installation?
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Seekerfinder » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:49 am

Seekerfinder Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:49 am
fuzzybro wrote:Hi Seeker,

SU team changed the plugins folder in SU2014 so all plugins have to installed in ProgramData folder from now on.

Hi Fuzzy,
Didn't know about the change. Is that since the recent update release or since the start of SU2014? Because none of my plugins, including some I have recently installed, are in the folder you refer to. I'm on 14.0.4900 - there might be a newer update from Trimble - ?

The issue I had is as described above. At first I did not think to check the installation location since I assumed it is standard and should be the default. Then Resmas pointed to the Tools vs Plugin folder thing. So when I redirected the installation, it installed in the Plugins folder, which, ironically, did not work for me....(?!) So I manually moved the installed files over to the Tools menu (C:\Program Files (x86)\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014\Tools), which worked just fine and I now have the latest release running.

Not sure why I got this issue but I have not seen too many complaints about installation so maybe it's just my setup somehow (?)

Let me know if you need more info.

Best,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fuzzybro » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:06 pm

fuzzybro Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:06 pm
Seekerfinder wrote:
fuzzybro wrote:Hi Seeker,

Hi Fuzzy,
Didn't know about the change. Is that since the recent update release or since the start of SU2014? Because none of my plugins, including some I have recently installed, are in the folder you refer to. I'm on 14.0.4900 - there might be a newer update from Trimble - ?

The issue I had is as described above. At first I did not think to check the installation location since I assumed it is standard and should be the default. Then Resmas pointed to the Tools vs Plugin folder thing. So when I redirected the installation, it installed in the Plugins folder, which, ironically, did not work for me....(?!) So I manually moved the installed files over to the Tools menu (C:\Program Files (x86)\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014\Tools), which worked just fine and I now have the latest release running.

Not sure why I got this issue but I have not seen too many complaints about installation so maybe it's just my setup somehow (?)

Let me know if you need more info.

Best,
Seeker

Hi Seeker,

Check this out
http://www.sketchup.com/intl/en/developer/docs/releases

Plugins on Windows have now been moved outside the SU Installation folder.
On Vista, Win 7, 8: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014\SketchUp\Plugins
On Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014\SketchUp\Plugins
On Windows, we also load plugins from a user-independent support directory.
On Win Vista, 7, 8: C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014\SketchUp\Plugins
On Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014\SketchUp\Plugins This path is only loaded to the $LOAD_PATH array if the folder exists when on the user's machine when SU starts.

I'll add WinXP-path support in next builds
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby resmas » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:41 pm

resmas Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:41 pm
Hello there.

Fuzzy I think I found a bug:
- LiveDB doesn't load, I havbe tested in SU8,and SU2014, and it stays....laoding...loading...
Installed 10.501....and all runs well. LiveDB loads perfectly.

- Another thing - when I try to import material from .ocs, sometimes it doesn't import. Is it limited to .ocs 2.0, or it can load from 1.5 .ocs files?

If anyone have the same problem please let us know. ;)

Now the cool part, here is a new test. :D
All in OCT4SU...a few crashes, but the import from OCS and LiveDB, made me go back to the last version to get acess to materials.

Its a WIP so lots of work to be done, but from 2D to 3D, in around 2hours :D

1.jpg

1SU.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3SU.jpg

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:23 pm

resmas Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:23 pm
You can check a time laps of this work in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtOtQtQZklk

cheers

resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:48 pm

resmas Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:48 pm
well here is a scatter/proxy test :twisted:

I'm in love :shock:

garden2.jpg

gardenSU.jpg

gardenSUtop.jpg

Its just amazing....I cant even imagine when we nail down all the little bugs.

You rock Fuzzy. 8-)

cheers
resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Dedbeez » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:11 am

Dedbeez Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:11 am
resmas wrote:- LiveDB doesn't load, I havbe tested in SU8,and SU2014, and it stays....laoding...loading...
Installed 10.501....and all runs well. LiveDB loads perfectly.

- Another thing - when I try to import material from .ocs, sometimes it doesn't import. Is it limited to .ocs 2.0, or it can load from 1.5 .ocs files?

If anyone have the same problem please let us know. ;)

Exactly the same problem here. Have gone back to using pre-hotfix version.
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 OR2.0 SU8/ 32GB Ram, i7-2600k @ 4.2, 3 x GTX770
Dedbeez
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Natato » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:52 am

Natato Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:52 am
Help. where to Download version 10,501? (problems with LiveDB 10,520)
thanks
Intel Core i7_870 | Win7 64 | 8 GB ram | GTX760 x Octane | SketchUp 2013 | GIMP |
Natato
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to SketchUp