Scanned sofas, photomatching of the people in CG.

Forums: Scanned sofas, photomatching of the people in CG.
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Scanned sofas, photomatching of the people in CG.

Postby barant » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:29 pm

barant Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:29 pm
Thank you, I can hardly wait to see it!
barant
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bbeepp » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:13 pm

bbeepp Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:13 pm
jan kudelasek wrote:
bbeepp wrote:Holly awesome Jan :) I know how you did it. You have taken a photo of those people with sofa and composited it with the render. ;)

:D Really no. Everything except people is 3D. I´m on vacation now but if you want I can share wire for you when I will be at home :D

The sofas was scanned. Maybe I will do making of.

Jan

I know, I was joking :)
i7 2700k 4.5Ghz - 32GB ram
GTX 780 (3GB)
OS X 10.9.5
bbeepp

Postby jan kudelasek » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:21 pm

jan kudelasek Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:21 pm
hehe..ok..anyway I will render wireframe extra for you ;)
W7 / Quad Core Xeon E5405 / 24G / Asus ENGTX 480, 580 / http://www.allcity.cz / https://www.facebook.com/pages/Allcity/ ... e=bookmark
jan kudelasek
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby PyatFre » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:57 am

PyatFre Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:57 am
jan kudelasek wrote:Sure, it is not for everyone, 41 000 EUR. This scanner is uses mostly in industry.

That's a lot. But results are awesome, But maybe I can use on of this 3d scanners for the same purpose? It costs less, but I'm not sure about the quality.
PyatFre

Postby 3rdeye » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:53 pm

3rdeye Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:53 pm
Lovely work

Mihir
3rdeye
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Zernam » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Zernam Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:32 pm
PyatFre wrote:
jan kudelasek wrote:Sure, it is not for everyone, 41 000 EUR. This scanner is uses mostly in industry.

That's a lot. But results are awesome, But maybe I can use on of this 3d scanners for the same purpose? It costs less, but I'm not sure about the quality.

C'mon, there are plenty of examples on Artec's website! You can see if the quallity is enough for you...
Zernam

Postby ndreimi » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:17 pm

ndreimi Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:17 pm
As other have brought up, I would love to get a bit of background on your 3D scanning processes. Currently we are considering options for 3d scanning vs photogrammetry solutions. Our biggest issue with 3d scanning so far is capturing high quality textures. Were these captured with the scanner, or created after the fact?
ndreimi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Eliana_Morales » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:46 am

Eliana_Morales Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:46 am
ndreimi wrote:As other have brought up, I would love to get a bit of background on your 3D scanning processes. Currently we are considering options for 3d scanning vs photogrammetry solutions. Our biggest issue with 3d scanning so far is capturing high quality textures. Were these captured with the scanner, or created after the fact?

May be you should check their new version of Artec Studio, some photogrammetric solutions have been added there. Haven't tried myself yet, but I have seen some photorealistic textures created by combining scan data with photogrammetry data. I was impressed
Eliana_Morales

Previous

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery