Octane SU plugin - Wishes

Forums: Octane SU plugin - Wishes
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Octane SU plugin - Wishes

Postby ppoublan » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:33 am

ppoublan Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:33 am
Hi,
Playing with the current beta, some things that would be very useful:

- Scrollbars (and zoom in/out) in the viewport when custom render size has been setup
- Kind of fix or froze render geometry and camera, to allow to continue working within SU and let render finish its work without updating SU changes
- Regular autosave of render (in case of windows, su or PC crash)

Yours
Pascal
ppoublan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane SU plugin - Wishes

Postby fuzzybro » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:31 am

fuzzybro Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:31 am
Hi ppoublan,

- Scrollbars (and zoom in/out) in the viewport when custom render size has been setup

You can always drag picture if it doesn't fit the viewport. I'll consider adding zooming features.

- Kind of fix or froze render geometry and camera, to allow to continue working within SU and let render finish its work without updating SU changes

Yup, it's on a roadmap.

- Regular autosave of render (in case of windows, su or PC crash)

Good idea! I'll add it to the roadmap.

Thanks!
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jorgensen » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:17 am

Jorgensen Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:17 am
Save custom output size
I switch between viewport and custom output a lot, so it would be nice if custom could remember the last settings :-)
HOME octane standalone v3.07 | octane plugin for sketchup 3.07.0.14 | sketchup pro 2017 17.2.2555 64 bit | windows 10 pro 10.015063 build 15063 | i7-6700k @4.0 GHz | 32gb ram | 2x gtx 1070 | nvidia driver 382.33
Jorgensen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:34 pm

resmas Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:34 pm
Jorgensen wrote:Save custom output size
I switch between viewport and custom output a lot, so it would be nice if custom could remember the last settings :-)

Hello mate, you cane use scnes to do that.

Create a scene with a low res render window (costum size) and all you working settings.
Create a 2nd scene with a high res or other custom output size you want. Then you just need to select tabs and he switch automatically. (all settings) :D

In this the plugin is better that StandAlone, because in Stand alone we need to do several render targets with different settings, in SU we just need to keep changing values and when we like we "create new scene" and it save all of that for us 8-)

I use it all the time ;)

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jorgensen » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Jorgensen Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:48 pm
hi remas

I have seen that the setting for each scene is saved - this is fantastic :-)

But if I have a scene, lets say an elevation, I often switch between viewport and custom. Viewport to tjek that everything is as it should be, and custom to render the output. But if I change between viewport and custom in the same scene, the custom settings is reset / forgotten.

I might be doing something wrong or have to change my workflow :-)

But all in all this plugin is a big step forward :-)
HOME octane standalone v3.07 | octane plugin for sketchup 3.07.0.14 | sketchup pro 2017 17.2.2555 64 bit | windows 10 pro 10.015063 build 15063 | i7-6700k @4.0 GHz | 32gb ram | 2x gtx 1070 | nvidia driver 382.33
Jorgensen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:07 pm

resmas Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:07 pm
Jorgensen wrote:hi remas

I have seen that the setting for each scene is saved - this is fantastic :-)

But if I have a scene, lets say an elevation, I often switch between viewport and custom. Viewport to tjek that everything is as it should be, and custom to render the output. But if I change between viewport and custom in the same scene, the custom settings is reset / forgotten.

I might be doing something wrong or have to change my workflow :-)

But all in all this plugin is a big step forward :-)

Hello mate yes I have noticed that sometimes it reset/forget some info...and I cant find out way.
Maybe you just found it. ;)

I will try to reproduce the problem and then we can report to Fuzzy what happens.
Most of the times its hard to find the step/command that breaks something...in the scenes case it could be that...lets see.

EDITED

I just tested a bit more and figured out that in the scenes Octane Info are autosaved (any change we make in the Octane settings menu is auto saved to the scene) but the camera settings (from SU) FoV, and perspective(position) its only saved when we hit "update" in scenes tab menu.

Im using this last build 0.10.520 and scenes, until now scenes never lost their info. That is great :D ...but it can happen....as it already happened to me in the past.

for now all GoooooD

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp