Genesis 2 - Conflit

Forums: Genesis 2 - Conflit
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Genesis 2 - Conflit

Postby ClairObscur » Sun May 18, 2014 1:08 pm

ClairObscur Sun May 18, 2014 1:08 pm
Greetings,

I most of the time working with V4, but recently i started to use more Genesis 2 source. I saw some trouble sometime when i attach some objets for the body. Here this exemple, where i attached the BotR-arm. In the left, you can see how she need to be, and the Right what happening when i want here to have the BotR-Arms.

Apparently the problem come to the Eyelashes when i put the arm... i tryed to put the eyelashes opacity off, to see what happen, or the materials attached to them, but that change nothing.

When i use clothes for G2, i do not have any problems.

Any idea ?

Thanks

C.O
Attachments
exemple.jpg
Intel Core I7-3770K | 16Gb Ram | Gigabits GTX 970 Overclocked 4Gb DDR5| SSD Crucial Adrenaline 64Gb | W7Pro 64bits | Octane 3.x + OCDS 3.x
ClairObscur
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Genesis 2 - Conflit

Postby SiliconAya » Sun May 18, 2014 5:51 pm

SiliconAya Sun May 18, 2014 5:51 pm
Does it use Geo-Grafts? As I believe Geo-graft support is currently broken in the Octane plugin, you get things just like this happening.

I haven't tried it myself yet (keep forgetting about it), but you might be able to work around it using a geo shell and hiding the original figure(s). Had to use this method to make geo grafts work with Reality and the last version of the Octane plugin, but they didn't have the conflicting/overwriting surfaces problem to deal with as well.
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jazbee » Sun May 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Jazbee Sun May 18, 2014 6:48 pm
If it does use geo-grafting, my current way around it (as of plugin version 1.2) is to:

1. Load a figure
2. Add a geo-grafted prop
3. Delete all Octane materials for a figure the geo-graft was used on (Genesis 2 in your case)
4. Select all figure surfaces and create all materials again (use "create all as new material - auto material").

All textures are then assigned properly to their corresponding geometries. The downside is you have to change all material settings by hand. Any attempt at relinking the existing mats makes it go crazy again, so you have to be careful.
2x RTX 2080ti, AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X, 128GB RAM, Win10 Pro 64, Dual Monitor Setup
Jazbee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dmania » Mon May 26, 2014 11:48 am

3dmania Mon May 26, 2014 11:48 am
There is a very easy solution to this problem. Go to Materials in Octane and select the Genesis 2 material group, right click and Load all Auto Materials. This will fix the render.
3dmania
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DrHemulen » Mon May 26, 2014 7:22 pm

DrHemulen Mon May 26, 2014 7:22 pm
Yeah, the problem is when you want to use your own material presets, then it goes crazy again. I dunno if there's some setup file we can hack somewhere, where the autogenerated materials are assigned to our own custom presets instead of just the standard diffuse.
GTX 780, 6 gigs of VRAM - Win 7 Home Premium 64 bits
DrHemulen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jazbee » Mon May 26, 2014 7:57 pm

Jazbee Mon May 26, 2014 7:57 pm
The way I do it is I load my material (link it temporarily to a primitive or whetever else), then go to Nodegraph editor, copy all nodes and paste them into the auto-mat created by Octane and then link the nodes the way they were in my custom mat (still only within the NGE). This way you don't relink the whole mats but only the nodes, which is not that cumbersome and doesn't screw up the mat links.
2x RTX 2080ti, AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X, 128GB RAM, Win10 Pro 64, Dual Monitor Setup
Jazbee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SiliconAya » Mon May 26, 2014 9:30 pm

SiliconAya Mon May 26, 2014 9:30 pm
I just tested using geo-shells today and it works perfectly, no need to do anything else funny, just use the geo-shell as if it was the base figure, you can link, unlink or whatever you like.
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DrHemulen » Tue May 27, 2014 1:58 pm

DrHemulen Tue May 27, 2014 1:58 pm
Nice! I couldn't get it to work when I was messing around with it. I'll give it another try :)
Thanks for thinking of that!
GTX 780, 6 gigs of VRAM - Win 7 Home Premium 64 bits
DrHemulen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby beat578 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:18 am

beat578 Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:18 am
Hm, Can you tell me how i can use a GeoShell? Or where to find that? I heard i several times now, but i have no clue how to use it on my Genesis2.
That would be great help. Thank you.
beat578
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SiliconAya » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:56 pm

SiliconAya Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:56 pm
In Daz Studio:
* Load in figure/object.
* Apply Geo-Grafts.
* Apply morphs.
* Apply materials.
* Pose.

Creating Geo-Shell:
* Select figure/whatever you want to make a geo-shell of (always the base figure, not the geo-graft).
* Under the Create menu pick 'New Geometry Shell'.
* Change any options you want (default should be fine in most cases), press accept.
* Select the geo-shell if it didn't auto select and under Mesh Offset, change Offset Distance (cm) to 0.00
* Select the original figure and turn the visibility off.
* Select the Geo-Graft and turn the visibility for it off as well.

In OcDS:
* Go to the Materials tab, you should now see the geo-shell as well as the original figure. The geo-shell should have all the same surface names as both the original figure AND the geo-graft. (Ignore the original figure and geo-craft from now on).
* Apply your materials to the geo-shell's surfaces. Treat it as you would anything else in OcDS.

Applying materials in OcDS (added for new users):
In the Octane plugin under the Materials tab, you have 3 columns, on the left you have 'OctaneRender materials' and in the middle you have 'Scene surfaces' and the right column will be the quick material edit options for the currently selected material/surface in the other two columns.

The left and middle columns are the ones you want in this case, the simplest way is to click a material in the left column and drag it over the geo-shell surface names (which should be orange to indicate they have no material linked to them) in the middle column (it also works back the other way, from middle column to left column, with the added bonus of allowing you to shift or ctrl click to select multiple surfaces at once to link (drag) to a single material).

Right clicking on the material or surface in either column will also bring up a menu showing additional options.

Note:
* If you want to change the morphs and/or pose of anything you made a geo-shell of, you have to do it to the original figure and/or geo-graft. You then have to press the reload button in the view port, as OcDS does NOT automatically detect changes to geo-shells (same as it doesn't detect changes to SubDivision Level, which also requires a reload).
* OcDS doesn't seem to understand any of the shell visibility options (Surfaces or Face Groups), so you can't use them (Reality did/does), so there's a bunch of cool things you can't do with geo-shells in OcDS (for example, leave the original figure visible and make a geo-shell that is only visible on certain parts of the body and apply different materials to the geo-shell, eg on only one eye, this allows for a simple way to have different coloured eyes without the need to do image editing of textures. I used this method here http://siliconaya.deviantart.com/art/Di ... -379112582 to change just her upper left arm and left thigh, so that appears just those parts of her limbs have been replaced, leaving her orginal lower arm/hand and lower leg/foot. I really wish I could do this in OcDS).

I think that covers everything, if not let me know and I'll see if I can help.
Last edited by SiliconAya on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to DAZ Studio