OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...

Forums: OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...

Postby legarcUT » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:38 pm

legarcUT Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:38 pm
You can increase the scale of the bump turbulence node in all materials from the default of 20 I think it is to around 30. you also have to decrease the power from the default of 0.05 to 0.01 to more resemble the look of real skin. Use a close up of the glazing reflection of the skin to dial in your desired setting. I end up not using a bump map in fact and rely on the bump turbulence node instead. I find the turbulence node to be very interesting. I'm experimenting with it now to form or create the subtle appearance of cellulite in the right places of the female body in a procedural way. I'll likely though end up mapping the intensity of the effect where I would need it most in which case I'll just resort to using a normal map. Just hadn't really thought about it yet and I'm still very much learning the capabilities/versatility of this rendering environment.
legarcUT
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby legarcUT » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:32 pm

legarcUT Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:32 pm
Ok I think I'm set now. Finished up my skin adjustments for now and settled in on eye settings for the time being. Fun figuring stuff out trying to make things not as intuitive as with other rendering environments I've worked but it will do for proof of concept, determining what looks decent in a physical render so on.
legarcUT
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby legarcUT » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:33 pm

legarcUT Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:33 pm
oops forgot to post my pic.
Attachments
OlySSSjpg.jpg
legarcUT
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jools » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:40 pm

Jools Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:40 pm
Thought I'd post one of my recent renders with the Octane DS-plug-in. Lots of custom material shaders I'm very happy with. :)

Thanks for viewing.
Attachments
rubber2.jpg
Jools
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby richertmx » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:00 am

richertmx Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:00 am
legarcUT, what kind of hair did you use in your first picture? it looks pretty sick...
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Intel Core I7 5820K | Crucial DDR4 16 GB | 2x MSI Gefore GTX 780ti 1x Geforce GTX 780 | Seasonic Platinum Series 1000W
richertmx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby legarcUT » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:20 am

legarcUT Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:20 am
It's the Sharon Hair style from Daz uses 'fibermesh' to make up the hair strands. I expect that to mean that it is or at least similar to fibermesh that can be generated from zbrush not really sure. It's basically geometry hair as opposed to standard model hair with the TonySculptor hair shader applied allows for the translucence, light scatter and specularity that you only can achieve with high end hair shaders like the one from vray. Just wish there were more choices available otherwise you'll have to make your own fibermesh hair styles if you have access to zbrush which I don't at the moment. :cry:
legarcUT
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SciFiFunk » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:33 pm

SciFiFunk Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:33 pm
I think this is my first post - it might be my 2nd, but it's the first time I think I've achieved something on Octane.

I'm an animator, mainly animating indoor and night scenes - so a challenge to keep the render times down on Octane.

This tiny animation was rendered in just 4.5 minutes a frame on a single GTX 760. Total rendering time was 7.2 hours for 4 secs at 24 frames/sec.

It was rendered in 4 passes and I needed After Effects and Vegas to put it together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGj0IWndtAw
SciFiFunk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby t_3 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:10 am

t_3 Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:10 am
SciFiFunk wrote:I think this is my first post - it might be my 2nd, but it's the first time I think I've achieved something on Octane.

I'm an animator, mainly animating indoor and night scenes - so a challenge to keep the render times down on Octane.

This tiny animation was rendered in just 4.5 minutes a frame on a single GTX 760. Total rendering time was 7.2 hours for 4 secs at 24 frames/sec.

It was rendered in 4 passes and I needed After Effects and Vegas to put it together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGj0IWndtAw

quite interesting to see multi pass rendered stuff with studio - btw, is there anything the plugin should or could have to help in doing multiple passes?

ps: in this particular case you'd probably would like to have object motion blur which comes with 2.0 ;)
The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply

1x i7 2600K @5.0 (Asrock Z77), 16GB, 2x Asus GTX Titan 6GB @1200/3100/6200
2x i7 2600K @4.5 (P8Z68 -V P), 12GB, 1x EVGA GTX 580 3GB @0900/2200/4400
t_3

Postby SciFiFunk » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:43 pm

SciFiFunk Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:43 pm
t_3 wrote:quite interesting to see multi pass rendered stuff with studio - btw, is there anything the plugin should or could have to help in doing multiple passes?

ps: in this particular case you'd probably would like to have object motion blur which comes with 2.0 ;)

Hi there.

From looking at a blender video last night where objects were put into a layer it would be good to be able to use proper layers in DAZ. I guess that is a DAZ issue though rather than an octane one.

What I mean is I simulated layers by taking models out and only applying lights to one set of objects per pass. This means I have to be careful to plan what's left in the shot (I missed a window top right which was stacked above the rest of the layers and should have/would have been hidden if this was rendered out all together). I also had to save out 4 versions of the scene to emulate the layers. In blender it looks to me like they are defined within the scene.

Also my understanding is that this DAZ plug in works with the 1.2 version of OCTANE, therefore I'm not getting to use the 1.5 features (yet), but yes if it can work with the motion blur of 2.0 (as in that fantastic OTOY demo I saw on youtube of the truck), that would be awesome!

I'm looking for speed of rendering on a budget - so I can animate, therefore the enhancement that would help me the most would be to define an area of the screen to render only AS AN ANIMATION. Wow - I could then render out little sections of lighted areas and not have to wait for the whole image to render.

I think given this is DAZ-->OCTANE any render speed improvements should make more sales for you. From now on OCTANE is my renderer (although I shall eventually defect to Carrara-->Octane after I've re-made my first 5 animations (all made in DAZ) - and I'll be producing tutorials based on my experiences as I make speed / quality improvements. (https://www.youtube.com/user/SciFiFunk)

Thanks

Steve
SciFiFunk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby t_3 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:29 pm

t_3 Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:29 pm
SciFiFunk wrote:From looking at a blender video last night where objects were put into a layer it would be good to be able to use proper layers in DAZ. I guess that is a DAZ issue though rather than an octane one.

actually i'm currently experimenting with object layers. usually it should be a host application task to provide it's own layer management, which a plugin just needs to follow, but i doubt we will see such a thing in studio anytime soon. it could be though an extension of the ocds plugin which would then sync ds viewport show/hide/render states accordingly. plus allowing to render out different layers in one go. have put it on my list, but most probably it's not going to be there in the next version already ;)

SciFiFunk wrote:I'm looking for speed of rendering on a budget - so I can animate, therefore the enhancement that would help me the most would be to define an area of the screen to render only AS AN ANIMATION. Wow - I could then render out little sections of lighted areas and not have to wait for the whole image to render.

should be possible to achieve with region render about to show up with 2.0; is in general aiming for stills, but i see no problem to include it for animations also...
The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply

1x i7 2600K @5.0 (Asrock Z77), 16GB, 2x Asus GTX Titan 6GB @1200/3100/6200
2x i7 2600K @4.5 (P8Z68 -V P), 12GB, 1x EVGA GTX 580 3GB @0900/2200/4400
t_3

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio