OctaneRender for AutoCAD Beta 1.20 trial comment

Forums: OctaneRender for AutoCAD Beta 1.20 trial comment
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

OctaneRender for AutoCAD Beta 1.20 trial comment

Postby kwaikeong1402 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:03 pm

kwaikeong1402 Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:03 pm
Hi All, I already try the trial version. I have some comment, kindly refer to the attachment file. Wish to see the improvement in next version. Thank you !! :D :D :D
Attachments
Capture4.png
Capture3.png
Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG
kwaikeong1402
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender for AutoCAD Beta 1.20 trial comment

Postby face_off » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 pm

face_off Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 pm
Thank you for the feedback. I will respond in full later today.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:36 am

face_off Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:36 am
1) To set a background color: Change the Environment in the "Environment Texture" to an RGB Color node, and set the color to white. Pls see the manual for details - http://render.otoy.com/manuals/AutoCAD/?page_id=466.

2) Wooden Grain material going in the wrong direction: Yes - this is because AutoCAD does not provide accurate UV coordinates to plugins. You simply need to rotate the material 90 degrees (via the Image Transform). I note you have setup Box projection on the screenshoot you have provided which will also work, but UV projection may be better in this case. Once you have converted an AutoCAD material to an Octane material and adjusted it "Save As Default", so the next time you use that AutoCAD material, the saved Octane material will be used - which will save you a lot of time. See the manual for details. http://render.otoy.com/manuals/AutoCAD/?page_id=35

3) AutoCAD glass material: I thought that most AutoCAD transparent materials would automatically convert to Octane Specular materials - however there may be some that don't. If you can give me the AutoCAD glass material name which is not correctly converted I will investigate.

4) Sky Lighting. With HDR lighting - the lighting comes from a HDR image - so you cannot change the background color (since the background color is coming from the image). If instead you select "Daylight" lighting, you can adjust the sunset and sky colors. Only perspective camera mode is supported by the plugin at this stage.

5) AutoCAD metal material conversion: AutoCAD does not provide an indication to a plugin that a material is "metal", so you will need to make some small modifications to the converted Octane material. Generally this will involve increasing the "index". You can also download many metal materials from the Octane LiveDb which provide incredibly realistic metal renders. Once you have an AutoCAD metal material the way you want it, "Save as Default" so that that Octane setup is next used when you use that AutoCAD material.

Hope that addresses your concerns.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby kwaikeong1402 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:40 pm

kwaikeong1402 Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:40 pm
Hi Paul,
Thank you for your reply.
Maybe i'm using demo version, so I cant see your own material.
Regarding HDR lighting, example Render keyshot environment can change the background to any color when I use HDR lighting.
I will try again for woodgrain issue. Can you provide more render tutorial video to learn.
Your default rendering engine already can run high resolution image is it? or need to adjust it by ourself? If yes, how to adjust it?

Thank you!!

Warmest Regards,
KK :D
kwaikeong1402
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:33 pm

face_off Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:33 pm
Maybe i'm using demo version, so I cant see your own material.
Yes, the demo version of the plugin does not give you access to the Octane LiveDb materials. The full version does.

Regarding HDR lighting, example Render keyshot environment can change the background to any color when I use HDR lighting.
You can do some color adjustments of the HDR by plugging the HDR image node into an Octane multiply or Color Correction node, and then plugging that node into the Texture Environment. (See image below).
autocad change background color.png

I will try again for woodgrain issue. Can you provide more render tutorial video to learn.
Pls see images below. In summary, change the Image Transform to 3D Transformation (to expose the rotation pin), and then rotate the texture by the Z slider.

Your default rendering engine already can run high resolution image is it? or need to adjust it by ourself? If yes, how to adjust it?
The version you are running is limited to a render resolution of 8000x8000, but the latest version is much higher than that (you will need a lot of VRAM to render very large images).

Paul
Attachments
rotated.png
normal.png
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby kwaikeong1402 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:02 am

kwaikeong1402 Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:02 am
Thanks Paul , I will try.... :P
kwaikeong1402
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby kwaikeong1402 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:21 pm

kwaikeong1402 Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:21 pm
Capture5.png
Hi Paul, no time to test. Now only tested.As last time mentioned,the autocad library not support. How to set the camera? is there got lighting feature? or need to use autocad lighting? Do you have any tutorial for all this?
Attachments
Capture6.PNG
kwaikeong1402
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby iViz3D » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:54 pm

iViz3D Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:54 pm
Hi kwaikeong1402,

Adding a camera, this can be done using the camera tool of autocad.
Just add a camera then point it to the direction that you want to view.

Then set it as viewport, (top, left, camera01, etc
set to camera that you have created then render it using the plugins
using open viewport in the Octane settings.

;)
iViz3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:19 am

face_off Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:19 am
is there got lighting feature? or need to use autocad lighting? Do you have any tutorial for all this?
For lighting, use Daylight, IBL or create emitters. Pls see http://render.otoy.com/manuals/AutoCAD/?page_id=74 and the other related pages.

Regarding support for AutoCAD Glass materials - I have added this to the latest commercial release (but not yet the demo version - which I normally only update every few months). If using the current DEMO version, simply change the Octane Material type from Glossy to Specular, and enable Fake Shadows.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby kwaikeong1402 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:44 pm

kwaikeong1402 Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:44 pm
Hi Paul, thanks for you reply.
Actually my problem is very hard to set the camera point. Example: I can't preview the object and adjust the camera point follow my way. Anyway,I will try the camera.
For Lighting, I would like to know Point Lights ,Spotlights, Weblights can support or not?

Thanks !! :D :D
kwaikeong1402
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Resources and Sharing