Colour profiles Lightwave - Pshop

Forums: Colour profiles Lightwave - Pshop
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Colour profiles Lightwave - Pshop

Postby electric_eric » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:01 am

electric_eric Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:01 am
Hi,

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to colour profiles so I wonder if somebody can help me?

I'm using Linear colour space with lightwave/octane. When I save my rendered image out from lightwave and then load it into photoshop the colours are looking nowhere near as good.

Obviously this is a colour profile issue but I can't seem to get the images looking the same in Lightwave and Pshop CS6 by changing the profiles.

Does anyone have experience of this that could offer a solution?

Many Thanks,
Simon
Intel i7 6700k - 64gb Ram - 6 x 980ti
electric_eric
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Colour profiles Lightwave - Pshop

Postby Tommes » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Tommes Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:46 pm
Hi Simon,

the image in LW or Octane is displayed through your monitor profile. In my case it's my own profile, which I made with an iOne Spectrometer. This means my monitor is calibrated. Let's say my profile names MyDell.icc for example. In your case you must check which color profile is standard in your OS.

Now if you load your rendered image in PS you have to assign exact that profile. In my case MyDell.icc. After that it looks exactly the same in PS as in LW. Next step is to convert the profile let's say to sRGB if you want to use the final image on digital devices like PCs, tablets, etc. or maybe convert it to eciRGBv2 if you want to use the image for print production.

Best would be to calibrate your monitor and save your own profile and use this to assign it.

Tommes
Win 8.1 x64 | Supermicro dual 8-core XEONs | 128 GB RAM | 1 x nVidia Titan | 4 x nVidia GTX 780ti
Tommes
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Colour profiles Lightwave - Pshop

Postby electric_eric » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 pm

electric_eric Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 pm
Great, Thanks for that.
Intel i7 6700k - 64gb Ram - 6 x 980ti
electric_eric
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D