IPR and max samples

Forums: IPR and max samples
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

IPR and max samples

Postby Redprophet » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Redprophet Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:18 pm
Is there a way to limit the max. samples used by IPR? When scrubbing an animation it would be nice to be able to limit the IPR to like 10 samples to speed things up. I suspect that this has probably more to do with I only have one video card but having an automatic way of stopping the render form going to 16000 samples would be great. If there is already a way to do this great but I searched the forums and could not find it.

Thank you for any help.

-RK
Redprophet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: IPR and max samples

Postby juanjgon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:32 pm

juanjgon Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:32 pm
Redprophet wrote:Is there a way to limit the max. samples used by IPR? When scrubbing an animation it would be nice to be able to limit the IPR to like 10 samples to speed things up. I suspect that this has probably more to do with I only have one video card but having an automatic way of stopping the render form going to 16000 samples would be great. If there is already a way to do this great but I searched the forums and could not find it.

Thank you for any help.

-RK

Yes, you have an option in the plugin options panel "IPR stop using kernel samples" to stop IPR rendering with the samples value of the kernel.
http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Lightwave3D/?page_id=93

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: IPR and max samples

Postby Redprophet » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:03 pm

Redprophet Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:03 pm
Oh yea! Thank you.

Now my computer will rest a little easier.

-RK
Redprophet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D