OctaneRender for Carrara beta testers wanted

Forums: OctaneRender for Carrara beta testers wanted
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

OctaneRender for Carrara beta testers wanted

Postby abreukers » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:41 am

abreukers Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:41 am
We are happy to inform everyone that the OctaneRender for Carrara integrated plug-in, developed by Sighman (Simon Guard) is ready for testing in a closed beta. The phase will take a few weeks and when it's done the plugin will then be released as an ongoing beta product. We'd like to set up a small group of 5 beta testers to help us test the new plugin product before we release it.

Beta testing candidates should have extensive experience with Carrara, as well as being experienced OctaneRender standalone or any of its plugin editions. These people will also need to be established forum users from our community and will have to sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to becoming part of the beta group.

Please see the OctaneRender for Carrara preview post at http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36332) to see how it looks so far. It currently supports Windows 7 & 8 preferably 64-bit, and Carrara 8+ (64bit Pro preferred) from DAZ 3D. Please note that parts of it are also written in .NET so interested parties should have the .NET Framework 4.5.

If you think you have what it takes, and would like to participate, please reply to this thread and tell us a bit about yourself and your experience with Carrara and OctaneRender.

5 participants will be chosen once there are enough applicants in this thread. In return for your help in testing the new product, you will receive a free copy/license of this plugin, which you can keep when the beta testing period is over.

cheers!
i72630QM @ 2.00GHz | 6GB RAM | 2GB GeForce GT 540M | Win7 64bit
abreukers
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender for Carrara beta testers wanted

Postby Tugpsx » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:07 am

Tugpsx Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:07 am
Definitely interested. Meet all requirements as set forth.
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby PhilW » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:32 am

PhilW Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:32 am
I am interested in being a beta tester. I am author of the Infinite Skills training videos on Carrara and am a PA at DAZ, so I know Carrara very well. I have the Octane Render standalone demo and have played with that quite a bit. I also have Luxus for Carrara (and have produced a support pack for it) so I familiar with using external renderers with Carrara and making shader and lighting adjustments to suit a different render platform.

I am on Windows 8 (64 bit). To be honest, I know nothing about .NET Framework.
PhilW
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dage » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:49 am

3dage Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:49 am
I'm available for beta testing if needed.
I'm a long time Carrara user,a PA at Daz3D,and an Octane user since the start,
but I'm not a regular poster on this forum.
Last edited by 3dage on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad core 3ghz.
12GB ram , 2TB HDD Win 7 pro 64bit
Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti 2GB
3dage
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Philemo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:53 am

Philemo Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:53 am
Hi,

I'm very interested by the subject.
I've been using the stand alone version since may 2011 and awaiting this plugin ever since :-)

Philemo
Philemo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby magaremoto » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:43 am

magaremoto Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:43 am
can't wait. keep up the good work
magaremoto

Postby orion_uk » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:44 am

orion_uk Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:44 am
Hi, I have been speaking with Raytracey & Sighman about beta testing and both agreed that I would be a good asset to the team. I look forward to hearing back from either of you regarding further details etc. Any information you require should have been covered in our PMs/messages but (as I have to rush off to pick up my children from school) I will leave more detail later today ;)

Warmest regards, Orion_Uk.

:D

Tugpsx, I have left a reply to your post regarding environment settings in OcDs here in Daz Otoy forums.

Looking at who has thrown their hands on the table so far, there is a great bunch and you all would be great to work with in this Beta. Having spoken with most of you in the Daz forums, I KNOW you guys know your stuff and would make great testers.. Philemo, never had the pleasure of speaking to you...yet but Tugpsx, 3Dage,PhilW, are great assets in the Daz forums :) I Wonder if Dartanbeck will be putting his cards on the table too?... and Wendy?

:D
http://www.Neil-Isted.com
Intel i7 870/2.93 GHz
RAM 16GB
1x Titan (6GB)
2x GTX 660Ti 2GB
Win10 Pro 64-bit
Carrara 8.5 Pro
Carrara - OR4C
OctaneRender™ for Blender
Ds pro
OR Standalone V4
Poser Plugin
orion_uk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ArtistX » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:49 am

ArtistX Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:49 am
I would be most please to help beta test this, I have been using Carrara for near 7 years now, as well as using "another" unbiased renderer in Carrara and other apps, I have also been a beta test for FlashFXP for the last 3 years so I am familiar with the whole process of how to report bugs.

I have all the apps and other things as per the requirement list
ArtistX

Postby SciFiFunk » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 pm

SciFiFunk Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 pm
Hi,

I'd like to offer my services as well. The main benefit of my involvement is that I specialize in large scenes with lots of replication, and lots of lights. I am also an ex-web programmer, mainframe programmer and games programmer.

I would suggest that I am well qualified to break your product. If it can handle my scenes, it is geared up for demanding use!

I am active on the Carrara DAZ 3D boards, I've not been active here as I've been concentrating on completing a (large) scene within Carrara. However only yesterday I decided it was time out to learn more about NLA animating (to beef up the animation skills in prep for Octane later in the year), so I have the 3 weeks to give pretty much full time. I plan to be active on here when rendering on my film switches from Carrara to Octane.

I am currently running on 64-bit Vista, so I hope this is not a show stopper.
[EDIT] I've ordered Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I will be with me on weds feb 5th. [/EDIT]

Example scene. My largest scene in Carrara. (100% made and rendered in Carrara)

Thanks.

Sci Fi Funk
SciFiFunk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Redprophet » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Redprophet Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 pm
If you still need another, I would like to volunteer. I have Carrara 8 Pro. I also have a 770 4gb from Christmas waiting for an animation to render. LOL

I have Daz and Poser Octane Render plugins so I am familiar with Octane. I am excited to see a Carrara plugin and all the possibilities that can be done with it and Octane.

Sincerely
-RK
Redprophet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to News & Announcements