This is a new release of the OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ plugin, Version 1.5 beta, build 1.23.2
- released for Lightwave 10.x and 11.x Windows x32 and x64. OSX version is going to be released as soon as the new Octane SDK for Mac is available.
This is the first public beta release of the 1.5 version plugin. It has some important bugs fixed and some new key features, like new texture image node functions, support of "Unseen by Camera" and "Cast Shadow" object properties, new projection node for map objects without UV maps, the Octane gradient node with ten channels nodal inputs, support for native Octane camera motion blur or a new camera mapping node.
Please, remember that this release is a beta. Could be very useful a report of any problems you could find while using this new version.Download plugin links:http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... indows.zipOctane 1.5 new features introduction video:https://vimeo.com/82954226How to install the plugin (Windows):
- Download the install file, you can see that inside it there are the plugin for all Lightwave versions, the octane.dll and octane.dat files (for x32 and x64) and a custom LW menu bar file
- Copy the octane.dll and octane.dat files into you install Lightwave/bin directory
- Add the plugin from Lightwave Layout, select the plugin for your Lightwave version (10.x or 11.5 or 11.6)
- Install the custom menu bar to get access to the Octane featuresHow to update the plugin (Windows):
- It is like install the plugin again (copy the .dll and .dat files to the Lightwave/bin directory and add the plugin and menu bar again), but you must be sure that there aren't any octane master plugins running in the Layout before try to add the plugin again. There is a live master plugin needed to start/stop the engine that must be closed to allow plugin reinstall.
- This build uses the new Octane SDK 1.23, if you are working with Windows please be sure that you update the Octane.dat and Octane.dll files inside your Lightwave/bin folder.*NEW FEATURES IN THE 1.23.2 RELEASE*
- Log system include the OS version, Octane API version and system specs
- About box include the Octane API version
- New texture image node functions: border mode, scale, translate and rotate the UV map, new projection node input
- New option in the infochannel kernel to show faces seen from the backside of the face normal in a different color in wireframe mode
- Full support of object dissolve using the native Octane visibility functions
- Support of "Unseen by Camera" and "Cast Shadow" object properties using the new native Octane visiblity functions
- Octane light now support shape opacity, shape unseen by camera and shape cast shadow using the Octane visibility functions
- New projection node with support of texture projections at render time (box, cylindrical, spherical, etc.). This node should be used when possible in the new scenes to map objects without UV maps, because the UVMAP node could be deprecated in the future.
- Projection input node in the procedural textures: Checks, Marble, Fractal, Turbulence and Wave
- New code inside the Texture Environment node to support the new Octane shperical projection for HDRI environment images.
- New code inside the emission nodes to support the new mapping modes
- Octane Gradient node with ten channels nodal inputs
- "Export Scene": new feature to export the current scene loaded into the IPR window to a Octane Standalone .ocs file. This function writes the .ocs file and save to a new folder all scene objects in .OBJ format.
- Support for native Octane camera motion blur, without use the multipass function. It works with the standard Lightwave MB settings available in the camera options panel (set "Motion Blur" to "Photoreal" and ajust the "Blur Lengh" and the "Blur Passes")
- Select a surface in the IPR window now open or update the surface node editor of the object if the node editor is enabled in the surface.
- Change a Octane light parametere now also update this parameter in all selected lights.
- New Octane native camera mapping node. User can select the current camera or any scene camera as projection source and freeze the projection in one frame for parallax like effects. The projection can also be transformed with the Image Node UV transformations parameters.
- New code to mark beta releases in the About and Options windows*BUGS FIXED IN THE 1.23.2 RELEASE*
- Shader balls fixed for the 1.21 API
- TextureEnvironment HDRI environment maps don't match the 1.20 orientation behavior. Fixed.
- Some memory leaks in the shader balls rendering functions. Fixed.
- InfoChannel kernel Highlight backfaces does not do anything. Fixed.
- When scrubbing the timeline, the object dissolve option doesn't render correctly. Fixed.
- Info channel kernel does not render alpha channel. Fixed.
- Fixed some memory leaks in the update lights parameters functions.
- Rendering time not working in prewiew window. Fixed.
- Reload scene in the IPR window in perspective or target mode comes back to the original camera view. Fixed.
- Disable the LWSN multipass motion blur log messages when multipass MB is not enabled.
- Delays and application blocking among frames while rendering animations with F10. Added new reset code.