NEW : Preview of OctaneRender 1.5

Forums: NEW : Preview of OctaneRender 1.5
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: NEW : Preview of OctaneRender 1.5 Alembic file support

Postby ardian_ian » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:12 am

ardian_ian Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:12 am
OH MY GOD!!!! great stuff man!!! thanks to all octane team!!!
Win 7 ultimate 64 | Geforce GTX570 + Geforce GTX570 | i7 2600K @4.8GHz | 8GB
ardian_ian
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:02 am

FrankPooleFloating Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:02 am
For anyone who had this fly under their radar - should be very useful for Alembic:

https://www.lightwave3d.com/chronosculpt/

ChronoSculpt is a powerful new stand-alone application that revolutionizes working with animation and dynamic simulation cache files from any application by allowing you to use sculpting and transformation tools over time. ChronoSculpt also introduces a radical new geometry engine based on our “Hydra” technology which allows the deformation and manipulation of 8 to 10 million polygon objects with ease.

Using industry standard vertex cache files in Alembic, LightWave MDD, or Autodesk Geometry Cache formats you can easily paint out errors on your dynamic simulations or even completely change the look of a character either with layered sculpting “clips” in the timeline or globally to affect every frame in your cache animation.

ChronoSculpt also allows you to export any frame from your sculpt or deformation directly to a LightWave Endomorph or OBJ object file (for blend shapes in Autodesk Maya).

ChronoSculpt could potentially save you hours of work by allowing you to quickly make changes to the baked dynamic simulation cache files to address simulation jitter, soft body penetrations, or to remove stray simulation pieces and get the shot out the door.
Last edited by FrankPooleFloating on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pixelrush » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:22 am

pixelrush Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:22 am
>Octane is a render engine, not...

OK fair enough, it has turntable and sun transit though, so basic walk through or WASD would be nice. Rather than rendering images out Octane could be used as a real time presentation/exploration tool for architects and interior designers or where the client could quickly choose their own inspection path....extra points for finding and killing aliens in your concept house.. :P
It seems however as though this scrub through capability is Alembic specific. Blender doesn't have Alembic...might be ages coming too and of course it may not play well with the plugin/API either :roll:
Anyway I know there is no point asking for stuff. :cry:

Edit: movie directors might also use this to plan and discuss shots or alternatives... just thinking open ended and laterally :)
i7-3820 @4.3Ghz | 24gb | Win7pro-64
GTS 250 display + 2 x GTX 780 cuda| driver 331.65
Octane v1.55
pixelrush
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby RayTracey » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:24 am

RayTracey Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:24 am
ch0pper wrote:ok just a quick question if you could answer this for me

Hypothetically if I have an entire scene that say in 3-D studio Max with octane plug-in

Could I export that entire scene to say cinema 4D.

And it would export all the cameras all the lighting all the objects all the shaders.

etc?

(Yes I do understand this is just for the stand-alone version at this time but I would expect this to be exported out into the plug-ins at some point)

Yes, it should be possible to resume work on scenes that were created with one plugin (e.g. Octane for Max) in another plugin (e.g. Octane for C4D).
RayTracey
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:27 am

abstrax Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:27 am
RayTracey wrote:Yes, it should be possible to resume work on scenes that were created with one plugin (e.g. Octane for Max) in another plugin (e.g. Octane for C4D).

Just to make things clearer: The above works only if the plugins provide the functionality to convert a loaded Octane scene into a host application scene, which is a big task and probably won't happen anytime soon, but that depends on the plugin developers.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby ch0pper » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:18 am

ch0pper Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:18 am
yes i under stand that as long as it going happen at sum point :D :D :D :D

abstrax wrote:
RayTracey wrote:Yes, it should be possible to resume work on scenes that were created with one plugin (e.g. Octane for Max) in another plugin (e.g. Octane for C4D).

Just to make things clearer: The above works only if the plugins provide the functionality to convert a loaded Octane scene into a host application scene, which is a big task and probably won't happen anytime soon, but that depends on the plugin developers.
W7 64 bit |I7-3970X | GTX 780 X2(6GB) GTX 780TI X2 | 64 GB DDR3 RAM
Real Skin & real hair for Poser / DAZ Studio OctaneRender/iray - coming soon
ch0pper
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cfrank78 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:51 am

cfrank78 Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:51 am
Maybe you guys should do it like nextlimit Maxwell. They will soon bring maxwell 3.00 out and they bring every day a feature video with one of its new features. This bringts hundrets of new clients :-)

Just a business idea!

Kind regards Chris!
cfrank78
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby MattRM » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:19 pm

MattRM Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:19 pm
Just Awsome !!!!

Think models will be animate with the same technologie ?

Just Greats !!!
MattRM
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiant » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:08 pm

radiant Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:08 pm
Looks like i have some work cut out for me with this release :D
Feature galore 8-)
Win8 Pro 64bit ULT|Intel Core i7 3930K|3.20 GHz|32 GB RAM|GTX 590|UD5 2011 socket||2x TB HD||Master Cooler HAF X||Blender 2.6||Maya 2012||Octane|
radiant
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby dionysiusmarquis » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:11 pm

dionysiusmarquis Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:11 pm
Is this the same Motion Blur technique used in the plugin versions? Seems different, as the plugin sub frame approach isn't visible in live view so far.
dionysiusmarquis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements