OctaneRender® for Poser (Windows) - build 1.20.2 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser (Windows) - build 1.20.2 [OBSOLETE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

OctaneRender® for Poser (Windows) - build 1.20.2 [OBSOLETE]

Postby face_off » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:52 am

face_off Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:52 am
This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.20.2 (STABLE RELEASE). This version is compiled against Octane 1.20, so see the requirements for that build regarding compatibility with your video card.

This version runs on Poser9/PoserPro2012 and Poser10/PoserPro2014, on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 9.0.3.23027)
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. X.XXa)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)
- config.xml, which is in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\9 for Poser 9/2012 and C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\10 for Poser10/2014.

Change Log from release 1.20a
- Changed to new versioning system (first 3 digits = Octane API and last digit = the plugin build for that Octane version)
- Fixed issue with "out of range" colors caused by having Poser material diffuse values > 1
- Added new script to create an emitter from the currently selected light. Poser->Scripts->OctaneRender for Poser->Create Emitter From Current Light
- Added ability to use animated texturemaps (ie. a sequence of texturemaps named "*_0001.jpg" onwards. You will need a texturemaps with an end digit matching each frame in the Poser scene. Does not convert the Poser Material movie node - you need to set it up in an Octane "image" node instead. Experimental enhancement at this stage.
- Fixed issue where selecting from the LiveDb or Texturemap load screens would initiate a Material Pick, and the Material tab tree position would be changed.

- KNOWN LIMITATION : Changing a camera zOrbit to be non-zero, AND using large xOrbit and yOrbit values puts the Octane camera out of rotation synchronisation.

Potential changes for up-coming releases
- Add a checkbox to the Configuration to allow the user to Import/Paste retaining texturemap, but copy the gamma and power pins
- Add menu item to refresh the Octane material texturemaps from the Poser material
- Add Ability to continue rendering whilst opening a new Poser scene
- Add batch renderer
- Support for dynamic hair
- Support for subd props (figures are currently supported)

Known Issues
None

If you have questions....
- Read the latest up-to-date on-line manual
- Read the PDF manual (pdf manual is installed into C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\[poser version]\Documentation)
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Watch the Instancing Video
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum thread

Limitations
Refer to the on-line manual

Download Links
Download the plugin from the following links:
- OctaneRender for Poser Windows 64bit
- OctaneRender for Poser Windows 32bit

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser (Windows) - build 1.20.2 [TEST]

Postby ch0pper » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:33 am

ch0pper Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:33 am
thanks will test new build
W7 64 bit |I7-3970X | GTX 780 X2(6GB) GTX 780TI X2 | 64 GB DDR3 RAM
Real Skin & real hair for Poser / DAZ Studio OctaneRender/iray - coming soon
ch0pper
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby RGUS » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:45 am

RGUS Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:45 am
Hi Paul...
Install this version... Octane Render for Poser tells me it's Version (1.20.2.1)
However... "Poser->Scripts->OctaneRender for Poser->Create Emitter From Current Light"
is not installed...
Here's my path ... image.

Cheers,
DeaneScripts-
Attachments
octane scripts.jpg
WEB: http://rgus.deviantart.com/
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
RAM: 64GB
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Pro
OCTANE PLUGIN VERSION: 2022.1..1.302 Prime
DAZ STUDIO VERSION: 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit)
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:08 am

face_off Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:08 am
Hi Deane - sorry - my fault - I've re-uploaded the installers with the new script now.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby RGUS » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:03 pm

RGUS Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:03 pm
All good now, thanks Paul.
WEB: http://rgus.deviantart.com/
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
RAM: 64GB
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Pro
OCTANE PLUGIN VERSION: 2022.1..1.302 Prime
DAZ STUDIO VERSION: 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit)
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jtbullet » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:03 am

jtbullet Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:03 am
Would there be the ability to add lights directly in the plugin anytime soon? I know I'm new, but I don't think that ability exists currently.

Also, if there was some sort of gizmo control system that could be added for emitters, in order to manipulate the emitters directly, possibly by showing circles with handles that can be adjusted interactively, it would be very helpful.

Also, adding a rendertarget browser would be a useful addition.

Regards, and thanks for the great product!
Jarrett
jtbullet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:17 am

face_off Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:17 am
Hi Jarrett

Would there be the ability to add lights directly in the plugin anytime soon? I know I'm new, but I don't think that ability exists currently.

That's exactly what the new script does (see release notes at the top of this thread). Select a Poser light, then run the script - and you have an emitter setup for your Octane scene. You'll need to adjust the "power" pin on the emitter to get the right level.

Also, if there was some sort of gizmo control system that could be added for emitters, in order to manipulate the emitters directly, possibly by showing circles with handles that can be adjusted interactively, it would be very helpful.

Run the above script, and then scale, move, rotate the resulting emitter plane as you would any other Poser prop. You can also use the Poser "Edit Tools" toolbox tools on the emitter to rotate, scale, etc it.

Also, adding a rendertarget browser would be a useful addition.

Not absolutely certain what you mean here? You can export and then import a rendertarget into another scene. Generally people export their favourite rendertarget setups (for daylight, and specific IBL lighting) and then just load them in when needed.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Pandarr » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Pandarr Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:44 pm
Is there (or could there) be a way to save all the POC files for the scene at once? If I'm working on a scene in Poser I might shut it down for the day and come back later, but then I think I have to redo the mats in Octane. Of course I can save the POC for each mesh and load them back in later but that can be tedious. This may already be in there and I've missed it though! Even if you just right clicked on the "Scene" node in the materials and could choose "Export Materials for Scene". Instead of a POC name you could just give a folder name and it would save all the POC files with the mesh name (so Victoria4.POC, GROUND.POC, etc). Then to load them back later you could right click the "Scene" node and choose "Import Materials for Scene", point to the folder, and it would match POC name to mesh name. I think Mesh names are unique anyway.
Pandarr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby morphious2013 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:40 pm

morphious2013 Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:40 pm
If I'm not mistaken, when you save the Render Target, it saves EVERYTHING. So, you don't have to redo any textures.
Gateway i5 3.2ghz, 16g RAM, GTX 690 4GB VRAM, Windows 10 64bit, Poser Pro 11, DAZ Studio Pro 4.9, Daz Octane Plugin V2, Poser Octane Plugin V2
morphious2013
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Pandarr » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Pandarr Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:18 pm
morphious2013 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, when you save the Render Target, it saves EVERYTHING. So, you don't have to redo any textures.

I just saved a render target real quick and it appears it only saves the data from the rendertarget tree (which makes sense). So unless it's hidden in some fancy way, it does not save material setups.
Pandarr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Poser