Cast Shadows Off

Forums: Cast Shadows Off
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Cast Shadows Off

Postby Nubblet » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Nubblet Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:45 pm
Hi All,

This may be a noob question, i am just starting with Octane.

I have frame object in my scene, to frame my character. In poser i have turned off cast shadows for this object, but in octane the shadows for this object appear.

I have fumbled my way through the material options in the Octane window to find something resembling shadows for this object but i have failed to find something that obviously relates to this. Is there a way to stop this object from casting shadows?

thanks
-RENDERING NOOB-
[i7 4770k][Twin eVGA GTX780s + Gigabyte GTX770 OC 4GB][32gb corsair platinum 1600][Win7 64]
Nubblet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Cast Shadows Off

Postby face_off » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:24 pm

face_off Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:24 pm
Hello

Octane is a physically accurate renderer, so renders something according to the lighting in real life. Objects cast shadows in real life, so they cast shadows in Octane. If you need to do a render that is not physically accurate, do it in 2 passes. Firstly render the scene without the object that is going to cast the shadow (and save the file). Then render just the object that doesn't cast the shadow with ""kernel"->"alphachannel" enabled, and composite the 2 images in Gimp/Photoshop/etc. (ie. render the frame with alphachannel enabled and photoshop it over the render.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Poser