Preview of OctaneRender for Blender

Forums: Preview of OctaneRender for Blender
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Preview of OctaneRender for Blender

Postby Defkaunta » Sun May 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Defkaunta Sun May 26, 2013 6:25 pm
Can you give us some comparison to Cycles in terms of speed? I know they are different in many ways but which one is faster considering the same scene setup/lighting etc.?

Thanks!
Defkaunta

Postby MattRM » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:28 pm

MattRM Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:28 pm
Hi all,

Just one question, do you planned to support the hair option from Blender too, like in Cycle ?
Thanks,

Matt
MattRM
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:59 am

JimStar Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:59 am
Sorry guys for waiting of your plugin...;)

The work on it goes on every day, don't worry - Blender-artists are not forgotten. We just want to release it for testing as feature-complete as possible...

JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby MattRM » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:00 am

MattRM Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:00 am
Hi JimStar,

Wooooaawwww, so great, it's just amazing :D !!!

I saw you use a connection to a server 127.x.x.x, just one question, it'll be able to build a special computer with like 4 to 8 graphic cards and connect it to the workstation via lan ? Or it'll be possible to use a system like opensuse 12.2 mosix kernel to run octane on a cluster ?

In all way, you're rocks and Otoy too

ps : I think hair will be support too ;)

Matt
MattRM
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby kavorka » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:54 pm

kavorka Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:54 pm
Awesome!
Always excited to see more on the Blender integration. I liked seeing how scatter is implemented. I am so eager to be able to move my light sources around and see how they change the scene dynamically so I can really get the best lighting.

Can't wait for this integration.
Intel quad core i5 @ 4.0 ghz | 8 gigs of Ram | Geforce GTX 470 - 1.25 gigs of Ram
kavorka
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby vinz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:07 pm

vinz Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:07 pm
Amaizing Jim !!! Great Work
:D
i7 8700k / 16Gib / GTX980Ti 6GiB / win10x64 1803 / Blender 2.78a / drivers 416.34 + Octane 4.0 Standalone / OctaneBlender
vinz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aLeXXtoR » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:25 pm

aLeXXtoR Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:25 pm
Wooooaawwww

Awesome!

Amaizing Jim !!!

Indeed. 8-)
Win 10 Pro 64bit | GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8Gb | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB RAM
WebSite
Showreel
aLeXXtoR
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:23 pm

JimStar Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:23 pm
MattRM wrote:I saw you use a connection to a server 127.x.x.x, just one question, it'll be able to build a special computer with like 4 to 8 graphic cards and connect it to the workstation via lan ?

As I already wrote here, it is not the technical question, but licensing politics question... Technically - no problem at all, but the decision about presence of this feature will be made by Otoy leaders.
Initially this client-server architecture was choosen to workaround the GPL issues, but as you've already understood - this architecture opens a huge amount of capabilities... It lets even "in one click" switch from rendering on your local machine to super-fast cloud-rendering (e.g. for some urgent paid projects), back and forth, absolutely transparently, having absolutely the same plugin workflow... If this service will be granted for Blender users of course (again, it will be decided by Otoy leaders)...

So, at the time - I can't tell you what for decision will be made about it. But anyway - thanks to this architecture GPL issues are solved and you at least are able to get the Octane-Blender integration at all.;)
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby dafassi » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:14 pm

dafassi Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:14 pm
Jim- thanks for an update! That looks very good!
Will it be possible to acces the Material-Database?

Cant wait to check the BlenderBuild out :)!
WIN7 64bit • 32GB DDR5 RAM • Intel i7 6x4GHz • GeForce GTX780 • Blender
dafassi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Marten74 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Marten74 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:27 pm
Hello Jim!

I´m working with Octane here in Sweden, so I have not been able to try the cloud rendering beta testing unfortunately. I´m really looking forward to that feature when it makes it to Europe! I´m also working with Blender, and I get a bit scared when you write that there might be a problem with the cloud rendering for us Blender users. I really hope that it will be ok when it is released!

I´m using yoyoz blender plugin at the moment, and it works pretty well, even if there is some more manual work connected to that workflow (and some pitfalls). Let´s say that the cloud rendering would not make it to the integrated Blender plugin. Would there be any chance for you and yoyoz to team up so that there could be an export button to the stand alone version in order to access the cloud from there :mrgreen: Or would there still be the same legal/political issue with that workaround?

Here is one thing I hope will work nicely with the new plugin. Appending models to a master scene will keep all the Octane material and texture settings, right? Awwww, can´t wait!

Thanks for making this happening Jim!
Marten74
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements