OctaneRender® for Poser beta WIN - build 1.14a [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser beta WIN - build 1.14a [OBSOLETE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

OctaneRender® for Poser beta WIN - build 1.14a [OBSOLETE]

Postby face_off » Thu May 23, 2013 12:16 am

face_off Thu May 23, 2013 12:16 am
This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.14a (TEST RELEASE). This version is compiled against Octane 1.14, so see the requirements for that build regarding compatibility with your video card.

This test version contains some major re-working of the internal operation of the plugin, so there are likely to be some issues encountered. Pls only use this version of the plugin on test scenes - do not use it on commercial work until it has been more thoroughly tested.

This version runs on Poser9/PoserPro2012 and Poser10/PoserPro2014, on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 9.0.3.23027)
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. X.XXa)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)

Change Log from release 1.13u
- The scene is now loading into Octane when you open the Viewport, rather than when the Setup window is opened. So you can edit the materials etc prior to loading all the geometry
- Most settings are now saved in an XML file, so the OctaneDefault.py file is used for fewer settings. Access the new configuration via the "Setup" button
- Refresh Rate has been removed from the Setup dialog (now in the Configuration form)
- There is now an installer
- The emission pin is not "Not Connected", rather than connected to a "null emission" node
- Setup and LiveDB windows can now be resized horizontally.
- Resolution Lock is now on the Setup window rather than the Viewport, so you can change the resolution prior to opening the Viewport. This is a "remembered" setting, rather than saved indiviually against each scene
- VERY IMPORTANT : Scenes saved with this version of the plugin cannot be opened in the previous version of the plugin
- The last folder accessed for various functions are remembered between sessions. The different folders remembered include "Last Material Import/Export Folder", "Last Image File Load Folder" and "Last Image Save Folder"
- "Load/Save Imager and Kernel Settings" and resetting render options to default settings has been replaced with "Import Rendertarget Settings", "Export Rendertarget Settings", "Save as Default" and "Load from Default". The later two allow you to save a complete rendertarget (less the mesh pin) as the default settings for all new scenes. The first two allow you to load and save entire rendertargets (less the mesh pin), even whilst the render is running! This is an incredibly useful feature.
- IMPORTANT: The installer will NOT replace your existing OctaneDefaults.py file (but will install the latest for a clean install). The following parameters are no longer used from the OctaneDefaults.py file, so you can delete them if desired. DEFAULT_KERNEL, DEFAULT_APERTURE, DEFAULT_NEARCLIPDEPTH, DEFAULT_RESOLUTION_WIDTH, DEFAULT_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT, RESOLUTION_LOCK_ASPECT_RATIO_CHECKBOX

Known Issues
None

If you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum thread

Troubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings. NOTE: This issue can also be solved by using a Low Render Priority if using a single graphics card.

Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.
- If you delete a duplicated figure in Poser, when next reloading the scene, the figures may have been renamed, in which case the plugin will not have loaded the materials for the rename figure correctly. This has been reported as a big to Smith Micro and will be fixed.

Download the plugin HERE

Paul
Last edited by face_off on Fri May 24, 2013 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta WINDOWS - build 1.14a [TEST

Postby Zay » Thu May 23, 2013 1:44 am

Zay Thu May 23, 2013 1:44 am
Thanks.

At first run I loaded a V4 figure and hit Open Viewport and then Poser stopped responding.

Last two lines in the log was:
DEBUG:root:init:objectsRenamed
DEBUG:root:Ignoring rename of non figure/prop figure sun to Daylight

EDIT: This was in PP2012 SR3.1
Win 11 Pro | i5 12600K | 32GB ram | 2x GTX 1080Ti + 3080Ti - studio driver 546.01| Modo/Blender/ZBrush/Daz/Poser
Zay
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby RGUS » Thu May 23, 2013 1:46 am

RGUS Thu May 23, 2013 1:46 am
Cool ... but nah... attached errors on first run with Poser Pro 2014 (64bit)... log file to follow when I find where it is again.
Attachments
first run2.jpg
first run1.jpg
WEB: http://rgus.deviantart.com/
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
RAM: 64GB
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Pro
OCTANE PLUGIN VERSION: 2022.1..1.302 Prime
DAZ STUDIO VERSION: 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit)
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Zay » Thu May 23, 2013 1:51 am

Zay Thu May 23, 2013 1:51 am
Another V4 load under Checking and converting materials it stopped and I got this:
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\__init__.py", line 71, in Render
  File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\UiManager.py", line 3551, in ShowSetupForm
  File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\MaterialManager.py", line 134, in CreateNodesFromPoserScene
  File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\MaterialManager.py", line 434, in ConvertMaterial
NameError: global name 'createNode' is not defined
Win 11 Pro | i5 12600K | 32GB ram | 2x GTX 1080Ti + 3080Ti - studio driver 546.01| Modo/Blender/ZBrush/Daz/Poser
Zay
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu May 23, 2013 3:52 am

face_off Thu May 23, 2013 3:52 am
Rectifying these issues now. Will have an update available in 30 mins.
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby RGUS » Thu May 23, 2013 5:31 am

RGUS Thu May 23, 2013 5:31 am
Waiting.. waiting... waiting... I guess 30mins in Aussie is different for us blokes here in NZ... just pulling ya leg mate...
Finished yet??? yet??? now???
LOL... take ya time bud... but hurry up will ya!
Cheers mate!
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu May 23, 2013 5:45 am

face_off Thu May 23, 2013 5:45 am
Haha Deane. Unfortunately solving one of the issues was more involved than I thought it would be.

I have revised the original downloader at the top of this thread. Pls re-download and use the new version.

1.14a2
-------
- Fixed issue where converting certain skin materials was throwing a python exception
- Fixed a range of issues associated with adding, renaming and deleting scene elements when the plugin is running. In summary, you can add, rename and delete items, and the plugin should not need a refresh (it will do a refresh automatically if the viewport is open).
- Fixed issues with Refresh setting the wrong resolution

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby RGUS » Thu May 23, 2013 6:16 am

RGUS Thu May 23, 2013 6:16 am
Thanks Paul...
Working like a dream so far...
Sorry to put pressure on you... but it's still your afternoon there...
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu May 23, 2013 6:30 am

face_off Thu May 23, 2013 6:30 am
That's the way I like it Deane :-)
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby ch0pper » Thu May 23, 2013 10:04 am

ch0pper Thu May 23, 2013 10:04 am
I seem to have found a bug with the new version.

Whilst rendering octane render viewport.

Open materials within the octane render set up

And start playing with any of the material lists opening

Them one by one.

i can not Exact pattern to to it

But it will reset the Sample pixels back to 0

If you start playing with the materials opening and shutting the trees

I hope that makes sense

I am using poser pro 2012

also if you try and change bump,opacity and other settings it does seam to save the settings it will stay at the original setting.

say absorption is at 0.5 and try change it to 1.0 when you click off tree go change something else and go back to check it it will be still at 0.5
W7 64 bit |I7-3970X | GTX 780 X2(6GB) GTX 780TI X2 | 64 GB DDR3 RAM
Real Skin & real hair for Poser / DAZ Studio OctaneRender/iray - coming soon
ch0pper
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Poser