A couple of things...

Forums: A couple of things...
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

A couple of things...

Postby Esper8 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Esper8 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 pm
The new 1.11u update will not open the options panel if I load a scene that requires more memory than is available on my gfx card, which means I cannot remove bump maps or tweak textures/materials to reduce memory overheads.

The Compress Textures function in the Poser script just does not work at all. I have compressed over 2 GB of textures down to 400 to 500 MB and the scene will not render at all. I have re-imported the textures, I have re-imported the entire scene and I have refreshed the scene too, all with no result, image file stats does not report any change.

My System specs are:

AMD FX8150, 16 GB RAM, 2x2GB GTX680
Windows 8 64bit, Poser Pro 2012 64bit
Esper8
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: A couple of things...

Postby face_off » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:40 pm

face_off Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:40 pm
The new 1.11u update will not open the options panel if I load a scene that requires more memory than is available on my gfx card, which means I cannot remove bump maps or tweak textures/materials to reduce memory overheads.

I can reproduce this issue. Octane 1.11 is throwing a Cuda memory error that 1.02 was not. I will need some time to assess how best to fix this.

The Compress Textures function in the Poser script just does not work at all. I have compressed over 2 GB of textures down to 400 to 500 MB and the scene will not render at all. I have re-imported the textures, I have re-imported the entire scene and I have refreshed the scene too, all with no result, image file stats does not report any change.

I will investigate.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 pm

face_off Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 pm

It's all working OK for me. Two things to keep in mind....
1) Poser python can not handle HDR images. So if oyu have a very large HDR image in a Poser Material, it will not be included in the Scene Texture Counter nor Texture Compressor.
2) After compression, the scene may still not load if it's using too many texturemap slots. Check the cuda.log file for more details regarding the specific Cuda error you are getting.

At the moment the plugin shuts down if it detects a Cuda error loading the scene. This was done to ensure the plugin was robust (and was not loading corrupt figure/props). Instead, I will modify the plugin to leave the Setup window open in this case, so you can remove maps, etc.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:51 pm

face_off Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:51 pm
I have updated the latest installer as per above. Pls see the 1.11u thread for more details.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Esper8 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Esper8 Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:03 pm
Thank you for the reply and the update. I will check out the texture compression stuff.
thanks again.
Esper8
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser