OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.11u [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.11u [OBSOLETE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.11u [OBSOLETE]

Postby face_off » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 pm

face_off Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 pm
This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.11u (STABLE RELEASE). This version is compiled against Octane 1.11, so see the requirements for that build regarding compatibility with your video card.

From 1.11t, there was been a substantial change in the way material exports are saved, which will require your attention - pls read changelog below.

If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 9.0.3.23027)
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. X.XXa)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)

Change Log from release 1.02t
- Fixed node type compatibility issues when loading old scenes.

Also, is upgrading from 1.02s.....
- This is a very important release, and contains a critical change in where material export files are stored, where LiveDB texturemaps are stored, and where you OctaneLive username/password is stored. All these items now default to the Poser Preferences folder (On Win 7 this is C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\9). This change was required to fix an issue where the Windows clean-up process was deleting all the files in the Poser Temp directory. To find out where you Poser Prefs file is, Poser->Scripts->Python Shell->poser.PrefsLocation(). You can still overrider this location int he OctaneDefault.py file.

The above change will mean that you will either need to re-activate the plugin when you first run 1.11t, OR you can copy the access.orp file from your Poser Temp folder to the Poser Preferences folder.

Known Issues
None

If you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum thread

Troubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings.

Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.
- If you delete a duplicated figure in Poser, when next reloading the scene, the figures may have been renamed, in which case the plugin will not have loaded the materials for the rename figure correctly. This has been reported as a big to Smith Micro and will be fixed.

Download the plugin HERE

Paul
Last edited by face_off on Thu May 23, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.11u [CURRENT]

Postby gold » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:17 pm

gold Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:17 pm
Hello all,

I'm new and just getting started. Do I have to uninstall my demo before installing this?
How about my octane demo, as well ? Thank you very much
gold
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:22 pm

face_off Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:22 pm
Hi Gold

No need to do anything with your Octane Standalone demo. You can also install the 1.11u version over the top of your demo version. Or you can delete the demo version first (delete the directory C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser).

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby gold » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 pm

gold Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 pm
Thank you very much Paul,
I will try that.

Gold
gold
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gold » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:08 am

gold Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:08 am
Hi Paul,

I seem to be having an animation problem. I rendered a short animation with a character and all
seemed fine. I then went to a larger model. There was now an error: 33 textures, only 32 supported, I believe. And an error message box comes up.

I clicked it once, then ignored the message as it seemed to render fine. However, I then noticed it seems to be rendering the first frame over and over. Only when I click the error box, does it seem to advance.
What is the procedure to do in this case please?

thank you.
gold
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:18 am

face_off Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:18 am
Hi Gold

What hardware spec are you running? The card you have will have a limit to how many grayscale (floatimage) maps you can have, and I suspect you have gone over. It is a good idea to put your system spec in your forum signature.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby gold » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:25 am

gold Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:25 am
Hi,

I have Win 7 64bit , gtx 675m

Do I have to remove, or disable, one texture, for it to advance properly?
gold
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:35 am

face_off Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:35 am
Gold, if you look in the FAQ (http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25352), you can see your card will handle 68 grayscale maps, rather than the default 32 setup in the plugin. So you can configure the plugin with this higher number by modifying the OctaneDefaults.py file.

Code: Select all
MAX_NUMBER_OF_RGBA_TEXTURES = 144 # This is the maximum number of LDR "image" and "alphaimage" textures that your video card can store.
MAX_NUMBER_OF_GRAYSCALE_TEXTURES = 68 # This is the maximum number LDR of "floatimage" textures that your video card can store.
MAX_NUMBER_OF_HDR_RGBA_TEXTURES = 10 # This is the maximum number of HDR "image" and "alphaimage" textures that your video card can store.
MAX_NUMBER_OF_HDR_GRAYSCALE_TEXTURES = 10 # This is the maximum number of HDR "floatimage" textures that your video card can store. 

I will change the next version so this is more obvious in the OctaneDefaults file.

Paul
Last edited by face_off on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby gold » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:49 am

gold Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:49 am
Thanks Paul!

That appears to be good news. I have located the OctaneDefaults.py file. To change it would I use note pad, and just insert those variables?
gold
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:57 am

face_off Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:57 am
The variables are already there - you just need to change their values. No day I will get the plugin to retrieve the limits from the card, so that will all be automated.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Next

Return to Poser