Wish list for next plugin release

Forums: Wish list for next plugin release
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: Wish list for next plugin release

Postby paulservolex » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:25 pm

paulservolex Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:25 pm
hello

after many try this week end, i confirm that the best ideal solution will be 2 separate saved files in stereo side-by-side mode
paulservolex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:45 pm

face_off Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:45 pm
Hi Paul

I have looked into this. Is what you need currently available via the following workflow?

1) Setup scene.
2) stereo->Enable. rightFilter->Black. Animation Tab->Output folder "c:\leftchannel". Render
3) Settings tab->rightclick camera->Reset camera
4) stereo->Enable. leftFilter->Black. Animation Tab->Output folder "c:\rightchannel". Render

Or have I misunderstood your requirement?

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby paulservolex » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 am

paulservolex Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 am
The ideal :

1> setup scene

2> stereo->Enable. rightFilter->WHITE. leftFilter->WHITE. Animation Tab->Output folder "c:\MyRender". Render

=> The animation render save frameR00001.png AND frameL00001.png

Why :
- in "anglyph" current stereo mode it seems that octane render the 2 eyes with a color filter at Sample/2 and mix the 2 render in one picture

so, 2 solutions (choose the most easy to implement in first step)
1> if it's easy for you to disable the second simultanate render which is invisibe, so i think you can just do that with a mod like :
"if RightFilter.Corlor==Black
THEN not render this one"
idem LeftFilter

2> if it's easy for you to put an instruction before octane mix the result of RightFilter and leftFilter, OR if (like i suppose) the left and right filter result are in sparate Image Variable, then may you can do a mod like :
"if RightFilter.Color==WHITE AND LeftFilter.Color==WHITE
THEN
RightFilter.RenderResult animation Saved in "Frame"+"R"+"Extenstion"
LefttFilter.RenderResult animation Saved in "Frame"+"L"+"Extenstion"

I don't know how is build the octane render plugin, but i think/suppose that RightFilter.RenderResult and LefttFilter.RenderResult are some BufferedImage variable before mixing, so i think it's easy at the end of the render to push a condition (RightFilter is white && Leftfilter is white) to call a function SaveTheBufferedImage with a modified filename.

I hope it's more evident :)

Note 1: i don't think you have to necessarly disable the current save process. The animation can continue to save the mixed filter results in frame[sequence].[ext], but just add that if a filter is white, he is saved in frame[filtername][sequence].[ext]

Note 2: you can push the concept without the Filter Color condition, because "anaglyph" workers will enjoy the possibility to work on each filter result speparatly (ex: frameR00001.png is blue, frameL00001.png is red) . So, you can just add a CheckBox "Save separate filter (animation only) : True|False " , so whatever the color of the filter, all the stereo-workers will love you like a god for this ultimate-power-time-saving-checkbox !!
paulservolex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:02 am

face_off Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:02 am
Hi Paul

My apologies in advance.....I really don't know much about the 3d system in Octane - you clearly have a better knowledge than I, so pls bare with me....

2> if it's easy for you to put an instruction before octane mix the result of RightFilter and leftFilter, OR if (like i suppose) the left and right filter result are in sparate Image Variable, then may you can do a mod like :

It is not the plugin which is mixing the left and right channel. The Octane API is doing that - the plugin only has access to the combined result - not the two separate channels. The plugin calls the API to save the file - the plugin only has access to the Viewport bitmap image (which is combined L&R). So I'm not sure any of your workflow is actually possible - since I cannot get to the separate L&R channel to save them separately.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby paulservolex » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:17 am

paulservolex Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:17 am
the plugin only has access to the Viewport bitmap image (which is combined L&R).

Yep, in this case, none of my solution is possible :(

So can you push the request to API dev to liberate Left And Right bitmap plugin access (i think it's just a getter to add) ?
paulservolex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paulservolex » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm

paulservolex Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm
hi Paul

i have send a "API DEV TEAM REQUEST" , in the general discussion forum, and to the root mail (they said they forward to API dev team)
(yes, when i think that something is good value and easy to implement, im like a crasy dog...)

I saw in a another post that your waiting for API 1.1 release,

do you think my whish is gonna be realized ?
paulservolex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 pm

face_off Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 pm
do you think my whish is gonna be realized ?

I'm sure the team will assess your request and schedule it according to it's benefit and complexity to implement. I know there are a lot of high priority items that multiple ppl have asked for which would probably be ahead of your request (such as texture rotation and offset). Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, sorry.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby paulservolex » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:15 am

paulservolex Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:15 am
Up

About time limit render for next release ? possible ?
paulservolex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:24 am

face_off Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:24 am
About time limit render for next release ? possible ?

I will definitely do it next release. There is a reasonable size enhancement coming with the next release, so it is probably a few weeks away.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby orion_uk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 pm

orion_uk Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 pm
Just brought OR 4 Poser, I was going to buy Daz plugin as I missed out on the beta test request but they seem to be dragging their heels with that one and are making us all wait for the goodness :(
I am really loving the Poser plugin so far, apart from system lag when rendering.. The lag kinda kills the fluid switch between updating poses and refreshing the viewport!

With gratitude for a plugin that seems to produce amazing results, Just like the stand alone version I own :)

If only I could talk you guys in to producing a Plugin for Carrara with full physics & hair animation support????
I will forgive you if you hurry up with releasing a OPEN public beta for Daz Octane or even better, a full stable release :P
http://www.Neil-Isted.com
Intel i7 870/2.93 GHz
RAM 16GB
1x Titan (6GB)
2x GTX 660Ti 2GB
Win10 Pro 64-bit
Carrara 8.5 Pro
Carrara - OR4C
OctaneRender™ for Blender
Ds pro
OR Standalone V4
Poser Plugin