Activation issue

Forums: Activation issue
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Activation issue

Postby pfrancke » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:08 am

pfrancke Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:08 am
Sequence of events...

I get Poser 9 in mail today
Install it on my Windows 7 machine, run it - everything fine.
Install Poser patch, everything fine.
I Install Version 1 plugin and go thru activation routine.
I fool with the plugin for 10 minutes or so - Everything works fine...
I then Install Version 1.02 beta by copying contents of download into Poser directories.
It says Checking User Credentials
Then I get Octane Render Setup (1.02q) panel
It has my OctaneLive User ID from before but wants my password.
I enter password and on the right I get a FAULT Detected message ending with op=appConfig
But the white boxed alert alert that pops up saying that activation was successful and then I click the OK button and nothing...

I can click on the other panel items like settings or materials, but it stays stuck on OctaneLive Account. I can close the thing and try again, but it just does the same stuff.... The OctaneLive Account tab continues to read "Account is currently DEACTIVATE on this machine.

Also, fyi, Octane Stand Alone continues to function fine... it IS activated.

Any advise would be much appreciated, please let me know if you need more information.
Thanks,
Piet
Windows 7, i7-3930K @3.2, 32GB ram, two 3GB GeForce GTX 580
pfrancke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Activation issue

Postby face_off » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:25 am

face_off Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:25 am
Hi Piet

What video card running? (1.02 is only compatible with 500 and 600 series cards).

May I also suggest re-booting your PC and try again. Pls post screenshots - since I haven't seen the "FAULT Detected message ending with op=appConfig" message before.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby pfrancke » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 am

pfrancke Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 am
Hi Paul,

rebooted, no difference. I'm running 3GB GTX 580

The message occurs when I first click inside the password box (so that I can enter the password). After that the password is good, but I stay stuck on the OctaneRender tab of Octane Render Setup (1.02q) panel.

fault.jpg

Thanks for being here - I tried running Poser with admin permissions, does same thing.
pfrancke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:09 am

face_off Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:09 am
It is strange that this error is being raised during activation. It's an internal Poser issue. You can see details at http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?52201-Problem-with-Poser-Pro-2010-libraries-window!. In summary, the fix is to ensure you are connected to the internal, and that your firewall is letting traffic through from Poser.exe.

I wonder if your firewall is letting Octane.exe traffic through but blocking Poser.exe traffic. If that were the case, the activation call from the plugin might get blocked.

Let me know how you go.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby pfrancke » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 am

pfrancke Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 am
I just installed 1.02q after a successful install of 1.00m .... but no joy... does the same thing.

I don't see that the message I've been talking about is an issue in this --- I have the same issue (fault detected message) in 1.00m and it shows activated... when I re-installed it.

And in version 1.02q, it wants me to activate. and then I get the alert that says "success" - activated. But your panel stays stuck.

The program is talking to OTOY just fine, but I don't think you are seeing response (but you must have seen it, because you display the success alert.
pfrancke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:33 am

face_off Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:33 am
Hi Piet

If the "Fault Detected!" message is being displayed when you try to activate - then something is being blocked. If the plugin is not letting you select any of the other tab controls after activating, then it has not received a confirmation from the Otoy server.

If you click the Poser "Content" tab (the rightmost tab) - does the Contant Paradise web page display in the tab?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:47 am

face_off Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:47 am
I just double-clicked 1.02q. I de-activated and then turned off internet and activated, and the plugin gave a "cannot contact otoy, re-trying message" until I re-connected internet, at which point the plugin activated and I could select the other tabs.

I am reasonably certain the Poser "Fault Detected!" message means that there is a firewall or internet problem that is resulting in Poser indicating to the plugin that it's been activated, when in fact it has not.

Again, pls let me know if clicking the "Content" tab gets you the Content Paradise web page. And it's definitely worth reading through the runtimedna forum post listed above - since there are many people getting this error and the solutions are detailed in that post.

Let me know how you go....

Paul
Attachments
activationtest.png
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby pfrancke » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 am

pfrancke Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 am
yes, the SMITHMicro page comes up and I have the chance to buy my Barware set by Dexterdoodle... And there was the activation success alert from Otoy.

My uneducated guess about the problem is that you somehow trapped the other (earlier Poser) error, and so your code is thinking there is a problem when there isn't. Remember, the Poser alert occurs before I even hit the Activate button. Having said that, however, if I can clear up the fault detected message, then I agree with you that likely all will be well. Thank you for that link, I'm going to next see if I can get Poser to run more properly...
pfrancke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pfrancke » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:51 am

pfrancke Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:51 am
I temporarily shut my firewall down, but still no joy. Poser executable file is (and has been) on the inbound allowed list. I do not know however how to temporarily remove the "inbound connections that do not match a rule are blocked" constraint. Getting frustrated, but still trying...
pfrancke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 am

face_off Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 am
Is Poser->Windows->Libraries bring up the separate window for your content? It's an Adobe Air app, and you can see it has raised the same error you are getting in this thread....http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=175976
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Next

Return to Poser