tutorial request

Forums: tutorial request
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

tutorial request

Postby chulaluk » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:34 pm

chulaluk Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:34 pm
Aloha,

I'm new to Octane and relatively new to 3d modelling as well. I've been using Blender for about a year. I know I'm not the typical customer that buys Octane and probably 95% of the users have quite a bit of experience already with modeling and render.

For me, I get the ideas of Octane and generally understand how to use it. I've done a ton of work with Cycles and there are enough similarities that I can get going.

However, I can't seem to figure out the more subtle parts that really let Octane shine. I see these amazing archviz renders and just can't figure out how to produce something of that quality.

The Blender community is kind of tutorial crazy (free ones) and it's amazing how many tutorials about every aspect of 3d work is out there. I know that Octane is relatively new, but it would be really fantastic is someone would do an in-depth tutorial on how to render a specific scene. The one tutorial I've seen like this is actually by a blender user (www.blenderdiplom.com - rendering a mantis in Octane). But I'd love to see someone take an archviz scene and go through all of the details of how they created it. A step-by-step tutorial - not a general overview. Something like this, but for Octane http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/rende ... th-cycles/

Any possibility someone might be willing to do this to help some noobies out?

Thanks to all - this is really a fantastic program and I'm loving playing with it so far.
chulaluk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: tutorial request

Postby Shenron » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Shenron Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:41 pm
This would be great. I'm also pretty new to octane but have been modeling in sketchup for a couple of years now. One of the users have uploaded great tutorials which have been a great help (http://www.youtube.com/user/MTimtam?feature=watch). But like you said, it would be greatly appreciated if we could get a tutorial for one of the "eye poping" rendered scenes done from scratch after importing into octane.
| W10 64BIT | i7 7700K @ 4.2Ghz | 32GB DDR4 Ram | GTX 1070 Gigabyte G1 |
Shenron
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: tutorial request

Postby Gleedaniel13 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Gleedaniel13 Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:23 pm
I'm new to Octane and relatively new to 3d modelling as well. I've been using Blender for about a year. I know I'm not the typical customer that buys Octane and probably 95% of the users have quite a bit of experience already with modeling and render.

For me, I get the ideas of Octane and generally understand how to use it. I've done a ton of work with Cycles and there are enough similarities that I can get going.

Congratulations for making up here. I am new here also but I know we can establish agood relationship and understand the process though.
Gleedaniel13

Return to Resources and Sharing