OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02p [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02p [OBSOLETE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02p [TEST]

Postby face_off » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:18 pm

face_off Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:18 pm
Hi Wim

- If you have a null figure with attached props and figures, the texture counter script failes with

I will fix.

- another window scaling bug: The memory usage box you added in the last few builds also cuts off numbers. This is with DPI at 125%

I'll add a few more pixels to the window size.

Another nice feature would be that a duplicated prop or figure would keep its octane materials. Now only the original materials are copied

Save the material back to the Poser Material, then duplicate the prop. Works a treat.

I was copy/pasting a lot nodes: Copy a node, right click, copy, move cursor to next node to change, select it, right click, paste. I had to do that about 200 times with 4 different type of nodes. I made about 10 mistakes (while watching it) because of the bug. Often you just move the mouse to quickly to where the paste menu item is going to be and it ends up being pasted on the node below. You only notice when you render that something is odd

I have a fix for this for you to try out.

Also, Are you running a separate graphics card for your display (or using a graphics card that is also rendering?). If not, then you sure! I just switch to using my onboard graphics for displaying the Windows GUI, and it is fantastic.

If you delete in Poser a figure with parented props or parented figures AND you have the plugin open (autorefresh off), the entire scene is newly refreshed for EACH deleted prop or figure. It the scene is large this can take very, very long
Apparently Poser send a notification that the scene has changed after each deleted object even when it is part of a larger delete, The plugin picks it up and refreshes the scene

It would be nice if something could be done about it, but I am not sure if you can.

Fixed in the next release.
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby wimvdb » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:46 pm

wimvdb Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:46 pm
Thanks Paul,
This next release is getting better and better!

I use my old GTX580 for the UI. It does not participate in the Octane rendering (too little memory)

You don't notice the problem with the focus change if you have a smaller scene because the popup window appears immediately. In a larger scene it takes a second ant that is enought to have the problem
Configuration: Windows 11 Pro, I9 12900K, 128GB, RTX 3090, P12 b1029
wimvdb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:14 pm

face_off Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:14 pm
For example: a fresh scene with a V4. Open up the plug-in and the materials get converted to some glossy settings. There's no SSS or other special setting present. Fine.
In the second step I import my fine tuned materials (material mix, fresnel, sss, whatsoever) for the whole figure while retaining the original images.
Now, for example, in the hip I have a material mix of a diffuse and glossy material. In the diffuse material there's a new transmission channel which also contains the retained image texture instead of the one defined in the import file. Same goes for a specular map. If there isn't one in the first place but the import has one defined, then the original diffuse map is taken.

I see what you are saying now. At the moment it only "remembers" and retains the DIFFUSE, BUMP and OPACITY maps - not any maps plugged into the transmission and specular pins. I will fix this.

BTW: I noticed, that in the original conversion the bump channel gets defined with the diffuse map (V4SmplTorsoM_BKN.jpg), too, although there is no according setting in the Poser material for the bumps.
Is that by intention?

Yes, it's by intention. A converted skin material from Poser which has no bump map at all looks terrible in Octane. So the plugin automatically uses the diffuse map as the bump, and it does so with an "image" node (rather than "floatimage") so that it doesn't take an extra grayscale image slot on your card. So there is no cost but a large benefit :-)
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mlru » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:10 pm

mlru Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:10 pm
Cool. Thanks!

Uwe
Win11/64Bit | GTX 4090 24GB | NVidia Driver 546.29 | Octane 4.05 | DAZ Studio 4.21
mlru
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02p [OBSOLETE]

Postby face_off » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 am

face_off Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 am
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Poser