pathtracing clay mode looks good, full mode artifact...?

Forums: pathtracing clay mode looks good, full mode artifact...?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

pathtracing clay mode looks good, full mode artifact...?

Postby vagos21 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:16 pm

vagos21 Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Hello,

I've been happily using the beta2 for sometime now, experimenting on the way things work. Everything's working perfectly up to now, this strange thing happens... looks like SSS but it should not be! the outer walls and floor of this house are strangely lit when doing the "normal" render using pathtracing, and this artifact disappears when i use the "color clay" mode. Walls don't have holes, i've even re-built them, applied different materials from max (exporting to obj). The material is diffuse and i've even disabled the "smooth" option with no luck. I'm attaching so you can see how things are, in case someone has experienced the same thing and can help... it's the same whether i use hdri image, no image, or daylight. but the inner walls and every other model are rendered fine, it's driving me crazy...!

GTX275, no previous problems with drivers or anything else in octane render.
Attachments
full.jpg
this is the normal render...
clay.jpg
and the clay render
vagos21
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: pathtracing clay mode looks good, full mode artifact...?

Postby radiance » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:27 pm

radiance Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:27 pm
Hi,

This is a minor bug in beta2, sometimes after importing the transmission channel is hooked up on the diffuse material,
turning it into a diffuse transmitter.

Just switch the material to glossy and then back to diffuse or attach a diffuse material to the node input pin in question.
It's fixed in our upcoming 2.1 update.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion