How many frames have rendered?

Forums: How many frames have rendered?
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

How many frames have rendered?

Postby Lightray » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 am

Lightray Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 am
I just got the software and the plug in for Poser 2012. I did a few stills and they look great. However, I tried to render a sequence, but after I pressed the render animation button, it started, but I don't see anywhere on the interface window that shows how much has rendered or how long it's going to take. It leaves me lost, not knowing what's going on. Anyone got any solutions to this issue? :roll:
Lightray
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: How many frames have rendered?

Postby face_off » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:25 am

face_off Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:25 am
Hi Lightray

To start the animation, click the "Render Animation" button. Then when the first frame has finished, the "Elapsed Time", "Estimated Total Time", and "Average Time per Frame" figures will be displayed (and updated after each frame is finished). To see what frame you are at, check the Frame number in the Poser Animation controls window.

Also, remember to set kernel -> maxsamples to whatever you think will be sufficient for each frame (the default 12,000 will most likely be too high).

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: How many frames have rendered?

Postby Lightray » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:33 am

Lightray Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:33 am
When I start to render... nothing happens in Poser. It just sits there. There is no movement of the time line arrow or any numbers in the animation window. The animation ran for a while, with nothing showing up on the interface. Then after about an hour, the interface shows that it was going to take 7 days, 5 hours, and 2 minutes to render 300 frames at 1920 x 936. That's insanely slow.

Wait a minute... just figured out the Kernel thing! ... Owh! the higher the number, the better the quality but the longer the render time per frame. Okay... I get it now. I cut it down to 18 from 1200 and the render time is only about 2 seconds a frame. Acceptable quality too, for a trial render. I will just increase the quality for my final renders. Thanks!
Lightray
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser