OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.01d [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.01d [OBSOLETE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.01d [OBSOLETE]

Postby vipvip » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:08 am

vipvip Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:08 am
ok
thanks a lot
i imagine it is not an easy job :)
vipvip
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Zay » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 am

Zay Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 am
Ah, so would like the Poser prop/Figure selected AND expanded (so you see all the prop/figure materials)? Keep in mind also that as you click more Poser props/figures, it will expand more of the tree making it look a little "messy".

I totally agree that having expanded props in the list will become a mess and hope you don't revert back to that!
An option to have it on/off could be a solution.

I think this has been asked before but haven't seen the answer yet. Is it possible to stretch the plug-in window so I can have a better (longer) overview of the material list?
Win 11 Pro | i5 12600K | 32GB ram | 2x GTX 1080Ti + 3080Ti - studio driver 546.01| Modo/Blender/ZBrush/Daz/Poser
Zay
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:55 pm

face_off Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:55 pm
I think this has been asked before but haven't seen the answer yet. Is it possible to stretch the plug-in window so I can have a better (longer) overview of the material list?

Hi Zay - this is at the top of the list for implementation in the next version. There are a couple of minor issues being reported at the moment which I need to give priority to, and then I'll get this done.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby vipvip » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:05 am

vipvip Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:05 am
@ zay:
you're probably right. I use poser principaly as "render support" but create and compose objects with other apps ( blender/lightwave) and import them in Poser, which is the way to tweak ( very nicely with the Paul's plugin ) octane lights, positions and cameras.
Surely, my suggestions can generate conflicts with the 'pure' poser users, but this one ( expanding directly the tree of the material ) comes directly from the standalone octane version logic...

so i totally understand if Paul don't take care about some of them ( personnal suggestions, not other users opinion ;) )!

A bigger window, with custom sizes, (and direct expanding-material option activated in plugin preferences ) shoud be nice, indeed, as many of us are working with mutiscreens ( 3 for me )...

regards

Vincent
vipvip
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Poser