OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.01c [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.01c [OBSOLETE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.01c [TEST]

Postby face_off » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:30 pm

face_off Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:30 pm
With the scatter type, is there a chance to replicate a mesh in a controlled way, like to arrange an object 4 times side by side in an even distance?

There is not an easy way to do this with the current "random" scatter system. Due to the almost infinite ways to arrange objects, the easiest way to do this is by calculating the transform yourself in excel and exporting in csv format. There is a thread at this website will an excel spreadsheet you can download which does some of the calc for you.

And - can figures be scattered as well as props?

Yes

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby wimvdb » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 pm

wimvdb Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 pm
Single figures can be instanced. I did an army of zombies and that worked well
Controlling the position can be done to some extent with the density map. With this you can control the density of the scattering (black=none, white= highest probability). But you keep the random factor. So - no real control, just steering towards it
Configuration: Windows 11 Pro, I9 12900K, 128GB, RTX 3090, P12 b1029
wimvdb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mlru » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:08 pm

mlru Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:08 pm
There is not an easy way to do this with the current "random" scatter system. Due to the almost infinite ways to arrange objects, the easiest way to do this is by calculating the transform yourself in excel and exporting in csv format. There is a thread at this website will an excel spreadsheet you can download which does some of the calc for you.

Awww, darn. I hoped to avoid messing with that. ;)
Well, I'll have a look at that, then.

Controlling the position can be done to some extent with the density map. With this you can control the density of the scattering (black=none, white= highest probability). But you keep the random factor. So - no real control, just steering towards it

Yes, the distribution map is a great idea, that works perfect in adequate situations, but for a simple mathematical repeat function it's somewhat, well, 'oversized'.

Something else:
Working more seriously with the plug-in I find myself in a desperately need for a better color picker than Window's (how old - 20 years?) color thingie. Something to pick the color from screen or at least allowing to copy a defined color value would be really great.
oh - and the decimal point from the numeric pad isn't recognized when it's a ',' and not a '.' (like on german keyboards for example)
Win11/64Bit | GTX 4090 24GB | NVidia Driver 546.29 | Octane 4.05 | DAZ Studio 4.21
mlru
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:15 am

face_off Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:15 am
Working more seriously with the plug-in I find myself in a desperately need for a better color picker than Window's (how old - 20 years?) color thingie. Something to pick the color from screen or at least allowing to copy a defined color value would be really great.
oh - and the decimal point from the numeric pad isn't recognized when it's a ',' and not a '.' (like on german keyboards for example)

An enhanced color picker is already on the list of changes. The more ppl who ask for it, the higher up the list it goes :-)
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.01c [OBSOLETE]

Postby face_off » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:20 am

face_off Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:20 am
New development build now available - see http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25678.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Poser