Octane for Maya - Does it suppor mia_material_x?

Forums: Octane for Maya - Does it suppor mia_material_x?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Octane for Maya - Does it suppor mia_material_x?

Postby juang3d » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 am

juang3d Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 am
Hello.

My main material for work is mia_material, this way i maintain compatibility along years and scenes, does Octane for Maya support mia_material_x (even if it converts the material at render time to an octane type).

I'm thinking in acquiring it for all my renderfarm, but i need to know this and i can't find any info about that.

Cheers and thanks.
juang3d

Re: Octane for Maya - Does it suppor mia_material_x?

Postby JimStar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:55 am

JimStar Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:55 am
Octane for Maya works only with its own materials (and other nodes: Textures, etc...). It can render the scene with non-Octane materials, but all objects having these materials become "default grey" in render.
It has the converter included and can convert mia_material (and other materials of the scene) to Octane material nodes, but some hand-work still will be needed to fine-tune these converted Octane nodes... And you will not be able to use this scene with other renderers after substitute all materials with Octane nodes.
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion