Exporting animation from Blender Octane to Octane Standalone

Forums: Exporting animation from Blender Octane to Octane Standalone
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Exporting animation from Blender Octane to Octane Standalone

Postby Apzzpa » Thu May 04, 2023 9:48 am

Apzzpa Thu May 04, 2023 9:48 am
Hey,

Been trying to find a solution for ages. I am trying to export my animation to Octane Standalone from Blender Octane 3.3.1. When I open the orbx file the scene loads however there is no timeline and when I batch render it only renders frame 1. I cannot select any other frames.

Please help
Apzzpa

Re: Exporting animation from Blender Octane to Octane Standalone

Postby juggledrafter » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:04 am

juggledrafter Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:04 am
I think the reason is because your series of photos is too large, leading to overloading the orbx file, so when mass exporting, an error will occur.
flappy bird
juggledrafter

Postby vprice65 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:41 am

vprice65 Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:41 am
Apzzpa wrote:Hey,

Been trying to find a solution for ages. I am trying to export my animation to Octane Standalone from Blender Octane 3.3.1. When I open the orbx file the scene loads however there is no timeline and when I batch render it only renders frame 1. I cannot select any other framesgeometry dash lite

Please help

Double-check that you're using the correct export method for animations within Blender Octane. It's usually labeled as "Alembic Export" or "Octane Animated Package."
Check frame range: Confirm that you've specified the correct frame range during export, encompassing all animated frames.
vprice65

Postby EiraJeremy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:58 am

EiraJeremy Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:58 am
Make sure you have set the correct frame range for the animation in Blender before exporting to orbx. Also check the export settings in Blender to make sure it's set to export the entire animation sequence instead of just a single framemy location.
EiraJeremy

Postby Melalgia » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:27 am

Melalgia Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:27 am
The "Export Animation" option needs to be enabled in Blender's Octane Render settings prior to exporting the orbx file, as stated in the Exporting animation from Blender Octane to Octane Standalone forum. Doing so will make sure that Octane Standalone can see the timeline and that the animation data is in the orbx file. In the Octane Render options, you may also modify the frame rate and range to suit your animation.
Melalgia

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion