Serious scale issue

Forums: Serious scale issue
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Serious scale issue

Postby Leovuong3 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:54 am

Leovuong3 Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:54 am
Hi all,
I showed the Gear VR to some clients of mine. They are designers, architects, photographers.
Generally I design my 3d scenes in meters and I used a 0,007 ipd. It doesn't change if the ipd is 0,02, we get more 3d depth.
In all tests the people that experienced the VR vision said: I'm watching like a fly. The scale isn't correct.
All objects seems to be enormous.
I have had the same impression watching the Orbx demos that I deleted from the Gear VR because they were out of scale, specially the Karba scene with the truck.

I think that the perspective fov and the GearVR don't match.
I think you have to work with Oculus to understand how to create the right cubic perspective.

regards.
Leovuong3

Re: Serious scale issue

Postby Mino96tiger » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:56 pm

Mino96tiger Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:56 pm
yes, in my oculus, all objects in the renders with speric camera and side by side and eye distance 6,4 are toooooo large. if i render booth side
manual with an x value difference off 0,064 and put both image together, i have the right scale.
i think that the side by side speric cam in octane is not configurated right. because the objekt in the center is in both pictures in the middle.
if i make it manual the center objekt is not in the middle only in one picture.
the cam shold have a correktion for eye distance and angle. i think the angle is not correct and also the distance between the objekt in the two pictures.

Please make an update to use the cam side by side sperical cam for VR picture in Oculus. It is useless if the person or object is a giant. it destroy the reality feeling.
Mino96tiger

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion