Whoo Hoo New Octane--VR Support for Daz yet?

Forums: Whoo Hoo New Octane--VR Support for Daz yet?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Whoo Hoo New Octane--VR Support for Daz yet?

Postby LuvMultimedia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:19 am

LuvMultimedia Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:19 am
I am circling buying Octane for both my render boxes but need to know if the new DAZ plug in can access the Spherical cameras yet. I can and have pulled Daz scene into the Standalone but since I animate, I have to use alembic and putting the material on so much stuff is very very time consuming via spaghetti nodes. Is there a faster way to access the camera's options inside of Daz? Thanks so much: email: [email protected] PEACE.
WIN 10 64 | Geforce 970| 16 GB
LuvMultimedia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Whoo Hoo New Octane--VR Support for Daz yet?

Postby face_off » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:23 am

face_off Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:23 am
Hi. No, the spherical camera is not currently supported. You should be able to export the animation and an OCS file will be created, which you can import into Octane Standalone with the materials connected.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Whoo Hoo New Octane--VR Support for Daz yet?

Postby alaman64 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm

alaman64 Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm
LuvMultimedia wrote:I am circling buying Octane for both my render boxes but need to know if the new DAZ plug in can access the Spherical cameras yet. I can and have pulled Daz scene into the Standalone but since I animate, I have to use alembic and putting the material on so much stuff is very very time consuming via spaghetti nodes. Is there a faster way to access the camera's options inside of Daz? Thanks so much: email: [email protected] PEACE.

I've been trying to accomplish the same, but without much success. I've created my scene and exported to to the standalone, but the camera exports as a thin lens camera and there is no way to change it to panoramic. I did find a Lua Script, that can extract the camera from an Alembic and convert it to Panoramic, but it only extracts the position of the camera at the current frame. So if you have an animated cameras in DAZ it will not work, you loose the animation for the camera.

So basically it's still a no for me.

Nick
Asus Z97-A / usb 3.1 - Windows 10 - 980 ti - Titan Black - Titan Z - Daz Studio
alaman64
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion