ORBX Viewer 3.0 VR Hotspot Tour Help

Forums: ORBX Viewer 3.0 VR Hotspot Tour Help
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

ORBX Viewer 3.0 VR Hotspot Tour Help

Postby jamesbudge » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:27 am

jamesbudge Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:27 am
Hi,

I have a few problems with VR tours that I hope someone can help me with. I have seen other posts with the same problem and what seems no help.

I have been creating VR tours using Unity, ORBX Viewer 2.0 (Lua Script), or online browser based (all only basic coding).

I want to create an offline simple hotspot based tour on the Oculus Go. ORBX viewer would be great for this if version 3.0 had not messed up the scripting. I already have many tours that worked great in version 2.0 but now just crash the app if tried in 3.0.

1: Is there a way to run all my old VR tours created for ORBX 2.0 in version 3.0 or above by altering the code or rollback the version on the Oculus Go/Gear VR
2: I have seen many posts saying that the hospots can be now created within octane, Is there a standalone download or way in which I can use it to just add the cubemap images and hotspots? or do I need a full subscription based licence? In which case is a Unity based custom app the way to go moving forward.
3: Is there any tutorials on how to do this with octane, or using ORBX viewer with code for Version 3.x, I cant find any?

The ORBX viewer is great for offline and any hotspot tours but if it is going to be difficult to achieve in future releases and backward compatibility Unity may be the only way I can do this. Please could someone point me to any tutorials or way to get my tours working in ORBX Viewer 3.0 or above.

Thank You
jamesbudge

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion