Stereo skybox & post fx issues.

Forums: Stereo skybox & post fx issues.
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Stereo skybox & post fx issues.

Postby visua » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:46 pm

visua Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:46 pm
Hello,

I am working on a VR scene that is being implemented as a stereo cubemap. I am running into issues using post effects. The scene is an arena and requires bright lights with strong light flares and bloom. Unfortunately the post effects breaks the cube map by bleeding the lens flares and bloom across the tiles, and in some cases just cutting them off entirely at certain seams. I tried adding the post to the camera, and also the render setting but this seemed to have no affect on the outcome.

I can't upload the scene or show a screenshot for NDA reasons, but I might put together a quick test to upload later today to demonstrate the issue.
visua
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Stereo skybox & post fx issues.

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:48 pm

bepeg4d Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:48 pm
Hi,
this is a know limitation, the only workaround is to use the environment medium with high Phase and very low Density, like for the goodrays effect:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54581&p=314683&hilit=god+rays#p314683

Another option is to render the post effect in high res Panoramic spherical mode, since you have less stitching issues, and then load it in an empty scene with environment node, to transform back to cube map 12 cube faces.

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion