Black Dots / Noise in render layer shadows

Forums: Black Dots / Noise in render layer shadows
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Black Dots / Noise in render layer shadows

Postby jabenedettini » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:28 pm

jabenedettini Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:28 pm
New Octane user in C4D here, but cant for the life of me figure out what i'm doing wrong here. 90% of my work is composited onto live footage so using object tags and the render layer option is a must for me. Inside render layer i check off Black Shadows and reflections and i end up with all the passes i need to composite later. However I end up with this horrible black speckle/noise all over my shadow layer. Doesn't matter if i change the samples up 16000 drop it to 50 it's there. I've set up a basic scene and reset octane to defaults to demonstrate what im talking about. Its in the preview as well as the final render files. I've tried adjusting every setting i can, including changing kernels and its still there. Anyone else dealt with this and have a solution?

Or is there a different way of rendering these layers i'm missing? I just want 1 image with an alpha of the objects (minus the floor), a shadow pass from the floor and a reflection pass from the floor, without all the noise :oops:

Dropbox folder with images of settings and my current issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rn18wyt7i96l ... ZGtfa?dl=0

Thanks ahead of time for any help!
jabenedettini

Re: Black Dots / Noise in render layer shadows

Postby keithlynch » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:33 pm

keithlynch Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:33 pm
Hi, I realise you posted this years ago but I'm getting the same issue! Did you ever work out how to fix it please?
keithlynch
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion