multipass rendering for maya? Render all passes same time?

Forums: multipass rendering for maya? Render all passes same time?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

multipass rendering for maya? Render all passes same time?

Postby mikesfacts » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:59 pm

mikesfacts Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:59 pm
I know this is a potentially a dumb question but I can't find any information online for something that should be simple.

Making move from Vray to octane, in vray you select the passes you want and it renders all of them at the same time. With octane, when I change my preview pass from beauty to zdepth for example it re-renders it in ipr mode. I am looking for a way to have all my passes render at the same time and be able to switch my view in viewport to save them without re-rendering. Or save them all together in an exr. if that's possible. Let me know if you have a solution for this. Thanks!
mikesfacts

Re: multipass rendering for maya? Render all passes same time?

Postby BK » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:55 pm

BK Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:55 pm
mikesfacts wrote:I know this is a potentially a dumb question but I can't find any information online for something that should be simple.

Making move from Vray to octane, in vray you select the passes you want and it renders all of them at the same time. With octane, when I change my preview pass from beauty to zdepth for example it re-renders it in ipr mode. I am looking for a way to have all my passes render at the same time and be able to switch my view in viewport to save them without re-rendering. Or save them all together in an exr. if that's possible. Let me know if you have a solution for this. Thanks!

Hi, Mikefacts,

Please try to enable "Save composite EXR file" and also from the file output image format select Tiff16 to save all the passes in one single exr from the Render settings. Our current plugin is still using Maya legacy software's "common tab" which is why the .exr is not visible. We would have Exr format visible in our refactor version to be released in few more months.

Here's a helpful video tutorial on saving exr format ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLP5nhg ... i&index=20 )
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion