Problem with textures in standalone version

Forums: Problem with textures in standalone version
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Problem with textures in standalone version

Postby Noimius » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Noimius Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:16 pm
Hello guys!

I have a problem with rendering textures in Octane standalone version.

When imported project (from Sketchup in *.obj) loaded for render, that looks, like all objects loss unique structure and type. For example, choose one object, and assign metal material to it, besides another object applied this too. It looks like all objects with same color appliyng this material. You can see this in screenshots in microwave, table and fridge. I am sure, that resolution so easy and i did something wrong, according my low experience and if somebody help me with that, i will happy.
P.S. I will be very grateful for any guides and advices, because on youtube i found videos about integrated versions only.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
9.png
11.png
Noimius
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Problem with textures in standalone version

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:41 am

bepeg4d Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:41 am
Hi Noimius,
the materials seems correctly exported, but you are having issues with standard Sketchup materials, because the textures are stored in Sketchup, and Octane cannot have access to them.
You shoul have to export the textures from Sketchup one by one by editing the material, but since the resolution and quality is quite poor, better to replace them with other more detailed textures, or use the LiveDB to find a similar material.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion