CONFUSED about Pricing...

Forums: CONFUSED about Pricing...
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Re: CONFUSED about Pricing...

Postby Goldorak » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:22 am

Goldorak Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:22 am
lancemoody wrote:Um...didn't they also get the After Effects plug-in. AND of course, the use of ORC.

No they don't - you can't use ORC if you choose a plugin - like C4D.

It's a moot point. We're going to discount ORC for permanent licencees and retire the name OctaneVR: subs are now a fully commercial product and will now be labeled as such.

Lastly, you can't compare what is bundled in a sub. to a permanent license. The latter has to be supported forever (some octane users go back to 2010) while the other, in terms of support and resources, goes away the moment the customer stops paying for it. We understand the value of supporting both models for the benefit of all types of users.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Exaco » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:29 am

Exaco Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:29 am
richardyarlett wrote:This makes no sense.... why called it "VR" then ??? Why not call it "LITE" or something. I thought VR meant it was specifically for creating VR CONTENT for VR HEADSETS.

Absolutely stupid.

Totally agree, i think it's some kind of marketing trick, people be like "Oh wait i can't rent it, so gotta buy the full version".
Exaco
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby portnicki » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 pm

portnicki Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 pm
mojave wrote:Hi richardyarlett,

All versions of Octane have the functionality to upload your scenes to ORC, regardless you have a full license or a monthly subscription and it's been integrated in the majority of plugins already. The only differences between full licenses and subscription is that the latter has a limit of 2GPUs/license and network rendering is not supported.

ORC is a subscription service which right now comes with an extra subscription license for free, in your case you will probably not use it as you say, this is to make sure everyone with access to ORC has also access to a version of Octane standalone.

I hope that clarifies it.
Arturo.

Hey guys,

so now I'm super confused. I'm an owner of the Standalone license and a modo plug-in. Give me a straight answer - what do I need to do to render my scene with ORC? When I get here: https://orc.otoy.com/jobs and try to purchase Credits I get re-directed here: https://render.otoy.com/account/subscriptions.php and the "Buy Credits" button is grayed out. Do I need to subscibe to OctaneVR (please change this name, this is SOOO confusing) ?? If so, why? Can't I just spend 50$ and render whatever I can with that money?

Thanks!
i7 2600k + nVidia TITAN black
https://www.behance.net/Auror
portnicki
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:46 am

bepeg4d Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:46 am
Hi,
ORC is a subscription service, so you firstly need to purchase the ORC subscription:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=62930#p321856
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby portnicki » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:51 pm

portnicki Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:51 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi,
ORC is a subscription service, so you firstly need to purchase the ORC subscription:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=62930#p321856
ciao beppe

OK, thanks for clearing that up.

Sooo if I have a job I want to render with ORC, once in like 6 months - I need to subscribe to ORC for at least one month, buy some credits (I understand I don't get any credits for my subscription fee?), render my project ... and then un-subscribe from the service immidietly after I'm done (because I don't want to pay money for nothing in the future months, I already own a standalone license).

Don't you guys think this is a "little" overcomplicated?
I mean, I understand this one-month subscrption fee is just another way of making money, but in my humble opinion it'd be better just to make the credits themselves a little more expensive rather to make ppl subscribe to something they are not sure is what they are after (Especially if that thing is called VR[!!]).

I'm just saying from an UX perspective - there are so many barriers just to render a short animation that I've just given up. If I just had a button in the plug-in sayin' "Render with ORC" and a small indicator showing how much credits I own (+ a button to "BUY more credits") I'd throw some money at you guys - but this way I'd rather go look for a CPU renderfarm and just send them my scene all together.

I think you guys should work harder at the whole experiance with ORC. Its very confusing, and I see I'm not the only one thinking it's like that.

Cheers.
i7 2600k + nVidia TITAN black
https://www.behance.net/Auror
portnicki
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby syafi » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:33 am

syafi Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:33 am
Hi,

Now that I've read the other comments, I'me even more confused, because I've subscribed yesterday with the understanding that this was a super GPU render-farm, so I could finish my work for Monday :shock:
Even more, the credits I've bought via Paypal are not even active to test.. and I lost one day of work.

So finally this subscription is completely useless for me, since it is limited to 2 GPUs in the cloud :evil: or am I wrong ?
I will never be able to finish the job on time.
I'm canceling this substitution.
syafi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:33 am

bepeg4d Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:33 am
Hi syafi,
the max 2x GPUs limit is referred to the Standalone application associated with the ORC service, the Octane Rendering Cloud service does not this limitation, since is designed to spread hundred of frames over hundred of GPUs.
Are you working with Standalone or integrated plugin?
If you work with an Octane plugin, firstly export the scene to Standalone in animated .orbx format. Then open the scene in Standalone, click on the Render Target to start rendering, move the animation bar, and if everything is in place, send the snapshot of the scene to ORC from Cloud menu.
After the .orbx scene is loaded, you can set a new render job, with different results from the same or multiple render target nodes in the scene, and receve an email when the results are ready to be downloaded.
At the following link you can find some basic tutorials on how to use ORC:
[ORC Getting Started](https://help.otoy.com/hc/en-us/categori ... nder-Cloud)
Happy GPU Cloud Rendering,
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby syafi » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:50 am

syafi Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:50 am
bepeg4d wrote:Hi syafi,
the max 2x GPUs limit is referred to the Standalone application associated with the ORC service, the Octane Rendering Cloud service does not this limitation, since is designed to spread hundred of frames over hundred of GPUs.
Are you working with Standalone or integrated plugin?
If you work with an Octane plugin, firstly export the scene to Standalone in animated .orbx format. Then open the scene in Standalone, click on the Render Target to start rendering, move the animation bar, and if everything is in place, send the snapshot of the scene to ORC from Cloud menu.
After the .orbx scene is loaded, you can set a new render job, with different results from the same or multiple render target nodes in the scene, and receve an email when the results are ready to be downloaded.
At the following link you can find some basic tutorials on how to use ORC:
[ORC Getting Started](https://help.otoy.com/hc/en-us/categori ... nder-Cloud)
Happy GPU Cloud Rendering,
ciao Beppe

Thank you for these clarifications, and I hope the credits will quickly add to my account to begin my renders. If all is good, I will have to reactivate the subscription with Paypal.
Thanks
syafi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby syafi » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:32 am

syafi Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:32 am
Hi,

Following to my previous posts on this topic, it's been 5 days since I bought credits, and they're still not available on the render cloud to render !
Is this normal ? Because I had to convert all my project to Vray and render my work elsewhere !
syafi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby daniel.torres » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:43 pm

daniel.torres Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:43 pm
Hi Syafi,

Sorry to hear that you are running into trouble. Could you send me you OTOY account email address, via dm, so I can look up your invoices.
daniel.torres
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion