VR lua documentation

Forums: VR lua documentation
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

VR lua documentation

Postby v-cube » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:06 am

v-cube Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:06 am
Hello,

is there any consistent documentation which tells you about the current possibilities you have to create VR tours ?
The only things I found are buried deep inside some pretty old treads...

I am currently able to create VR tours (based on the example file provided by Otoy (Tuscany1, Tuscany2...) where you can travel from panorama to panorama while listening to a wav file...
Are there currently other possibilities we could integrate into our tours like e.g. showing video/ textboxes or graphics when you look at predefined elements / positions?

best

Andreas
Architectural Rendering Services
1 x 4090 GTX, 1 x 3090 GTX
http://www.v-cube.de
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: VR lua documentation

Postby v-cube » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:56 pm

v-cube Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:56 pm
Hello there...

Otoy team ? anyone there?

Andreas
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jax » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Jax Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:57 pm
Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the delay.

Lua scripting is going to be refactored next year around octane for Unity and later UE4, both of which will provide basic front end tools for exporting ORBX media packages, and allow embedding of more complex interactivity at texture and scene level.

We'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

J.
Jax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby v-cube » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:55 am

v-cube Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:55 am
Jax wrote:Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the delay.

Lua scripting is going to be refactored next year around octane for Unity and later UE4, both of which will provide basic front end tools for exporting ORBX media packages, and allow embedding of more complex interactivity at texture and scene level.

We'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

J.

Hi Jax, first of all thank you that you took the time to answer ...

It is a little bit difficult for me at the moment to fully convince clients to use VR tours. there are two reasons for that :

1. the problem to access the scene / tour in a "classy" fashion. It is just terrible if you have to tell the customer to use the ugly samsung/oculus portal with game advertisements and alike to access their 15.000 € VR tour ( we use the S8 with the gear VR...)
2. the poor options to "do" anything more than look around and move to the next room. I know that for classic, nonstereoscopic panoramas there is 3rd party software to add extra content to the scenes but in our current situation with orbX viewer we are trapped.

I just do not get it, everybody I show this stereoscopic panoramas is totally amazed, you really created a super cool technology and it is easy to produce high quality stereoscopic panoramas, but there is currently now decent way ( that I know of...) to produce a nice clean experience which a not technical skillful client can use.

take a look here (although it is manly me talking to myself...):

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=54531&p=318005#p318005

thanks and best regards

Andreas
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion