18k Cubemap sequences re-visited

Forums: 18k Cubemap sequences re-visited
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

18k Cubemap sequences re-visited

Postby deflix » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:06 pm

deflix Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:06 pm
Hi (Goldorak),

Its been some time since I posted here (about a year on the ORBX 2.0 thread) and I'm still trying to understand what I need to do in order to be able to convert an 18k sequence to a movie using ORC. Ideally I would like to be able to convert sequences from other renderers also. I would also love to just see an existing sequence and learn more about ORBX 3.0. So..................a few questions that I hope you can answer :-)

1. What license do I need to buy in order to get access to ORC - every time I have tried to access ORC during the last year I get a message saying 'access to ORC is currently unavailable' which has put me off from buying a license.

2. Is there an offline convertor I can use to produce the OKX textures from source 18k images, or just ORC ?

3. can I get a copy of the Batman Arkham 18k sequence demo you did for Warner Bros that was mentioned here - http://www.roadtovr.com/first-look-batm ... ideo-tech/ back in 2015 - I found an APK online but somewhat unsurprisingly this doesn't work due to some kind of restriction -- it would be great to just see one even if its not possible to make one!

4. Can you provide a link to the ORBX 3.0 thread you mention - I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance - maybe 2017 is the year I finally make an 18k sequence !! ^^
deflix

Re: 18k Cubemap sequences re-visited

Postby JungleBoogie » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:05 am

JungleBoogie Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:05 am
Hi deflix,
Did you ever get anywhere further with this? Also still interested and there seems to be zero documentation out there. Don't understand how/why those demos were released all that time ago but then never revisited.. a confusing strategy!
JungleBoogie

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion