Lightfield vs. WebVR (A-Frame)

Forums: Lightfield vs. WebVR (A-Frame)
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Lightfield vs. WebVR (A-Frame)

Postby henrikh » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:28 am

henrikh Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:28 am
Hey,

I want to make a proof of concept for a little bit interactive consumer product visualization.

my main concern at the moment is the compatibility. So that people and clients can easily test it with a cardboard vr.
The test would look like this scene:
https://aframe.io/examples/showcase/shopping/
+ my own model
+ rendered and baked uv-map
(if possible: no looping animation, instead up,down,left,right buttons, zoom in, zoom out, so that one could have a detailed look on the whole model)

But I would strongly prefer to use a lightfield:
What are the limitations? How do I have to setup an export/a light field rendern? How can I prepare that WebVR-file to be easily converted in the future? What are the filesize ranges for a lightfield? What can I set up, so that I don't need to rework everything? When will there be a html5 player, which is cardboard/daydream vr compatible? (For testing I have access to a GearVR, Rift and Vive, but it should be accessible in the end) Will it always be limited to 1 cubic meter? What are the movement limitations without the vive controller? (How would I move around a product?) What do I need to host such a file? I guess that the demos, which are all showing the lightfield through a window is due to the 2d videos, which would otherwise (immersed) just look like a rendered scene. Could I animate the product into a second state: an explosive representation with the most inner components visible? Is it possible to test a light field?

Have a nice day,
Henrik
henrikh
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion