ORBX Media Player 3.0

Forums: ORBX Media Player 3.0
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Re: ORBX Media Player 3.0

Postby Goldorak » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:28 am

Goldorak Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:28 am
Micha3D wrote:Hi,

I don't understand where to find the ORBX media player and how to install. If use the link https://install.otoy.com than I get the message: Install the WebCL service from the ORBX system tray to enable desktop streaming.

So, I need the ORBX system first? I'm confused. Is there a tutorial that explain the way?

Best-
Micha

The OBRX Media Server is not the same as the ORBX player for Gear VR. The PC server allows you to stream and share your PC desktop or browser to Oculus Social rooms on Gear VR, which now support ORBX (worked with Oculus on this throughout this year). It also includes a beta version of our light house tracking server for Gear VR.

If you only want to view 360 images on CV1/Rift there are plenty of options, including Virtual Desktop, which ships with Octane stereo cube maps by default.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Micha3D » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:46 am

Micha3D Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:46 am
Thank you.
Win7 64 | Dual Xeon E5-2687W | GTX 1080ti 11GB + GTX 780 6GB | Rhino3D
Micha3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

VR Vines - 18k sequences

Postby deflix » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:09 pm

deflix Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:09 pm
Hi - Are there any VR vines (18k cubemap sequences) available to download and try?
I've been looking forward to seeing one for over two years but still not had any luck....
thanks in adavnce
Felix
deflix

Re: VR Vines - 18k sequences

Postby Goldorak » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:13 am

Goldorak Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:13 am
deflix wrote:Hi - Are there any VR vines (18k cubemap sequences) available to download and try?
I've been looking forward to seeing one for over two years but still not had any luck....
thanks in adavnce
Felix

It's been live on ORBX Media Player cloud gallery since November, and also on Samsung Internet (which mirrors the same from the browser homescreen in ORBX category).
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby GomarTheGreat » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:38 am

GomarTheGreat Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:38 am
Hello,

I'm using the ORBX Media Player to make a tour, is there a way to put background music in the tour?
My script goes as following; I use a 30sec empty wav as a timer to go to the next panorama.

return {
scenes = {
{
title = "1",
url = "Inishbofin.jpg",
audio_intro = "timer.wav",
onAudioDone = "2",
}, {
title = "2",
url = "Inishbofin2.jpg",
onAudioDone = "9",
}, {
title = "9",
url = "CliffsMoher3.jpg",
onAudioDone= "exit_to_home",
},
}
}
GomarTheGreat
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: VR Vines - 18k sequences

Postby deflix » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:53 pm

deflix Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:53 pm
Goldorak wrote:
deflix wrote:Hi - Are there any VR vines (18k cubemap sequences) available to download and try?
thanks in adavnce
Felix

It's been live on ORBX Media Player cloud gallery since November, and also on Samsung Internet (which mirrors the same from the browser homescreen in ORBX category).

Thanks for the pointer but I was after a DL if possible - I just cant seem to stream successfully despite numerous attempts on 4g or wifi the phone just gets hotter and hotter before the stream starts. Vines/animations etc seem too large for streaming don't you think? - even the static images take a while to load. A DL option would be awesome; why is everyone so obsessed with clouds these days anyway - they are so restrictive and only work well on super fast connections.
cheers
deflix

Previous

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion