VR viewer thoughts / wishes

Forums: VR viewer thoughts / wishes
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Re: VR viewer thoughts / wishes

Postby v-cube » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:12 pm

v-cube Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:12 pm
any news... ? It's been a year since...

Same Situation as before ... my clients are asking for a nice and hassle free VR access for luxury lofts, and I have to tell him he has to use the ugly, cheap, childish looking samsung oculus Home...

Or am I missing something ?

best

Andreas
Architectural Rendering Services
1 x 4090 GTX, 1 x 3090 GTX
http://www.v-cube.de
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Chriz » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Chriz Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:39 pm
Same question here: Any news?
http://www.C9W.de - Win10 - Dual E5 2620v3 - Display 1 GTX 1080 / Render 1 3090 RTX - 96 RAM - C4D MSA - C4D Plugin version: current - Standalone: current
Chriz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 am

bepeg4d Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 am
Hi guys,
what about this other news:
viewforum.php?f=129
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby v-cube » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:06 pm

v-cube Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:06 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi guys,
what about this other news:
viewforum.php?f=129
ciao beppe

certainly very interesting, but I have no Idea how to use unity... when I have enough time on my hands I will start to learn it but I need something to use which is uncomplicated... I just want to start my tour directly without the dam oculus Home screen... is there a possibility to place a kind of shortcut icon on the phone to bypass it?

best

Andreas
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby v-cube » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:50 am

v-cube Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:50 am
Hello again,

so I found this on the otoy website :

Q: Can I brand the ORBX viewer to make our VR panoramas appear so much more valuable/professional as opposed placing them as one of many apps in a main entertainment-oriented interface?

A:We are working on signed/certs for ORBX media packages. If you have OMP to load an ORBX link or local file (via android intent, icon shortcut, shell app, URL web link, etc.) it will bypass the home screen/media browser and run the ORBX project as if it were a stand alone app. This is how it will also work on the PC.

Packaging your project folder as a ZIP actually works in the current app pretty well for things like images+scripts. But it can break other media depending on the ZIP software you use, which is not in our hands. The reason we have ORBX containers is they are meant to be packaged by our software for the target device in order to make sure the assets work optimally. We are also adding digitial signatures, encryption and buffered streaming cache to ORBX containers that is based on your Octane ID and the settings you set for the package. If you launch a signed ORBX file with the player (via a URI request or android intent from another app for example), you will bypass the home screen and run the ORBX content directly with whatever other paramaters the URI defines.

url:
[url]https://docs.otoy.com/Octane_Render_Standalone_Manual_HTML5/ORStandaloneManual.htm#Standalone/Uploading Images To The Samsung.htm#kanchor32[/url]

Maybe my English is not good enough but does this mean we can already bypass the oculus home screen? If the answer is yes, how do we do this ? can we pace an icon on the mobile ? has someone succeeded in doing this ?

any help would be really appreciated!

best

Andreas
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby v-cube » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 am

v-cube Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 am
Ok , here is what worked for me so far:

1. I downloaded the app "ES Datei Explorer" from the playstore and installed it

2. In the app under "Anwendungen" ( I am using the german version, it should be something like "user apps" or alike ...) I long press the Orbx Media player and go to the more option on the right bottom side and there should be something like "create shortcut"

3. the result is a icon on the android screen which tells you when started to insert the phone into the Gear VR without the oculus Home screen!

this is a first step, now I have to find a way to prevent the phone from starting the oculus home screen when you simply slide your phone into the gear VR...

edit: 4. Used the "Package Disabler" app to block the "Oculus VR" service. This prevents the oculus home screen to appear when the phone is inserted into the gear vr - instead a message will pop up saying "VR launcher not found" -> this way the client is forced to start the event manually by using the shortcut you created before (point 3.) not ideal, but way better than before!

In an Ideal world the phone would start the ORBX Media player automatically when someone puts the phone into the gear vr... this would be perfect... has anyone an idea how to realize tis?

best

Andreas
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion