Clarification needeed about Octane VR, ORBX...

Forums: Clarification needeed about Octane VR, ORBX...
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Clarification needeed about Octane VR, ORBX...

Postby GIOLETS » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:31 pm

GIOLETS Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:31 pm
Sincerely I've read many post about these arguments, but really I have to admit that haven't so clear about the potentiality of Octane VR+GearVR+ORBX.

In concretely way what I could do today?
I'm an Octane render user, my field of applications are Product design visualizations and Architecture of Interiors.
In witch way could Octane VR and/or ORBX could be related to these fields?

In particulary: could be in some way possible to achieve a Product visualization having the product as a pivot, and allowing the user to see the object from all the point of view around?

Could someone give me some ideas, or a starting point in order to make some thoughts about it?

I'm very sorry for my newby questions, but believe me it's really an hard argument for me.

Luca
i9-10900x, 96GB DDR4, 2xRTX 2080 TI, ASUS X299 SAGE, Windows 10
http://www.visual4d.it
GIOLETS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Clarification needeed about Octane VR, ORBX...

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 am

bepeg4d Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 am
Hi Luca,
for now, you can connect several 360° cube map stereo static nodes via Lua scripts of a product viewed from different angles. You can also add an animated layer with some restrictions right now. But you have to try it by yourself because the immersive effect (especially if you add sounds) is difficult to explain by words ;)
From an architectural point of view, in my opinion, this is the only way to really understand the proportions of space of a project, with images or animations it's impossible to have this kind of perception :roll:
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Clarification needeed about Octane VR, ORBX...

Postby yazze » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:08 pm

yazze Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:08 pm
Isn't Lightfield supposed to be the solution out-of-the-box to be able to render a scene from from different angles, rather than having to connect different raw Stereo cubemaps with Lua scrip?
yazze

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion