VR

Forums: VR
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

VR

Postby Sheedee3d » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:29 pm

Sheedee3d Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:29 pm
Is Octane VR still available for purchase?...is it a part of Octane render standalone?...

Was it only available during last years Metaverse render contest...or is it still available now...if so...how/where can i get it?...

If i purchase the latest edition of Octane render...would Octane VR be included in it?...

Please...some clarification on this.
Sheedee3d

Re: VR

Postby Goldorak » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:24 pm

Goldorak Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:24 pm
Sheedee3d wrote:Is Octane VR still available for purchase?...is it a part of Octane render standalone?...

Was it only available during last years Metaverse render contest...or is it still available now...if so...how/where can i get it?...

If i purchase the latest edition of Octane render...would Octane VR be included in it?...

Please...some clarification on this.

Octane VR was a promotion bundle for the RTM contest last year. If you buy the full version of Octane, you will get all the same VR features exposed in the OVR release last year (e.g. stereo cube map export).

We may do another Octane VR promotional release in some form after Octane 3 is released (and using all the new V3 features), but nothing concrete is in place yet. We will also have more details about our VR roadmap at GTC in a few weeks.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Sheedee3d » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:02 pm

Sheedee3d Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:02 pm
So...does this mean that if i buy the full version of Octane...can i produce the same type of renders like those that were submitted in last years RTM contest?...

I would just like to make my own renders to look like the ones in last years contest...e.g. so that i can also view my work with Gear VR

Will i be able to do this with the full Octane if i purchase it?...
Sheedee3d

Postby abreukers » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:03 am

abreukers Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:03 am
Sheedee3d wrote:So...does this mean that if i buy the full version of Octane...can i produce the same type of renders like those that were submitted in last years RTM contest?...

I would just like to make my own renders to look like the ones in last years contest...e.g. so that i can also view my work with Gear VR

Will i be able to do this with the full Octane if i purchase it?...

Definitely yes.
i72630QM @ 2.00GHz | 6GB RAM | 2GB GeForce GT 540M | Win7 64bit
abreukers
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion