New to Octane: Separated shadow pass Question

Forums: New to Octane: Separated shadow pass Question
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

New to Octane: Separated shadow pass Question

Postby Joanlaninja » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Joanlaninja Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:41 pm
Hi everyone. First let me apologize about my english, hope its not too hard for you to understand me.

I checked the forum but there is a lot of information and i can not find an answer to the problem i have at the moment. If there is another thread about the same question, im very sorry.

I have a scene with two lights, one from the front of the camera and another casting from a side. I tried to find a way for the side light to not cast shadows but i finally figured there is not a way for doing this so i think i should make both shadows to be casted in separated layers to be composited in AfterFX (so i can simply dont use one of the shadows passes in the final composition).

Sadly, i learnt to make two different light passes, object masks, diffuse, reflection channels... like any other 3d and rendering software packages but i can not find a way to have two different shadow passes. I figure i can simply deactivate one light and do another render with its light... However, thats a bit time comsuming, ¿Does anyone know if there is a way to do what im trying to? Having a way of making one light to have its shadow casting disabled would be wonderful, maybe i simply skip something, but any help would be very welcome.

Again, sorry for my english, hope u understand and thank you for your time.

Regards, Joan.
Joanlaninja
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion