ORBX viewer 2.0

Forums: ORBX viewer 2.0
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Re: ORBX viewer 2.0

Postby deflix » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:05 pm

deflix Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:05 pm
Hi, Its been some time since I posted here (about a year) and I'm still trying to understand what I need to do in order to be able to convert an 18k sequence to a movie using ORC. Ideally I would like to be able to convert sequences from other renderers also. I would also love to just see an existing sequence and learn more about ORBX 3.0. So..................a few questions that I hope you can answer :-)

1. What license do I need to buy in order to get access to ORC - every time I have tried to access ORC during the last year I get a message saying 'access to ORC is currently unavailable' which has put me off from buying a license.

2. Is there an offline convertor I can use to produce the OKX textures from source 18k images, or just ORC ? And anyway from Carmacks talk I had understood that compression/codecs were not strictly necessary for spooling these of GPU memory when did OKX come into play?

3. can I get a copy of the Batman Arkham 18k sequence demo you did for Warner Bros that was mentioned here - http://www.roadtovr.com/first-look-batm ... ideo-tech/ back in 2015 - I found an APK online but somewhat unsurprisingly this doesn't work due to some kind of restriction -- it would be great to just see one even if its not possible to make one!

4. Can you provide a link to the ORBX 3.0 thread you mention - I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance - maybe 2017 is the year I finally make an 18k sequence !! ^^
deflix

Re: ORBX viewer 2.0

Postby Goldorak » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:22 pm

Goldorak Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:22 pm
We are on OMP 3.0 now. ORC is (or will soon be by 3.07) generally available to users through Octane VR subscriptions with ORC as your plug-in choice. Offline encoding of OKX isn't supported since it runs as a cloud service outside of Octane (FB video processing to ORBX will also be cloud only). The good news is the encoding is free, since we do on the CPU it while the next frame is rendering on the GPU. Otherwise, it takes longer to encode than to render...
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion