ORBX viewer 2.0

Forums: ORBX viewer 2.0
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Re: ORBX viewer 2.0

Postby 3dhermit » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:24 pm

3dhermit Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:24 pm
Does anyone here know of a command that lets you just click with out having to use a image hotspot , so if you just click it can go to a new slide without any other graphical overlay , i tried a transparent png but comes up black when moused over I am currently using the onrollover command, is there a command like onClick or onPress, any help would be appreciated thanks guys ! I really wish a there was a simple list of what commands that are exposed so I wouldn't have to bug you kind folks so much !
3dhermit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dhermit » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:37 am

3dhermit Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:37 am
got it , use the
Code: Select all
 onDone = "target"
and if you click anywhere it will go to whatever is defined
3dhermit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jamesbudge » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:59 pm

jamesbudge Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:59 pm
Hi

I have been creating some VR cube map walk-throughs using hotspots and wondered if anyone could help with a couple of queries, that I am currently stuck on.

1: Is there a way to get the button action (onRollover = ) to link to another LUA file to make a button select on a timer rather than a press of the Gear VR headset? So I could have all rollovers link to this for scrip simplicity. So after looking at the button for 3 seconds it will select, but if you roll off before that time a cancel action come in.

2: Is there any software / plugins for photoshop I can get to open and save .OKX file format for use in ORBX?

3: How can I get ORBX player to open ZIP files. I have read that this is possible, but if I zip my project up and copy it to the S6, ORBX player can view the zip file, but will not open once clicked. I have a manifest.json with my menu image but this no longer loads once in the .zip. I have also tried keeping my manifest.json, project.lua and project_list.lua outside the zip and referenced the path inside these through the .zip but it still wont load. Is there a way to packege a project into a .zip and get ORBX to open this inside the Gear VR?

I know there is a lot of development going on at the moment so fingers crossed there will be more to come. The ability to brand the ORBX viewer would be fantastic.

Thank You

James
jamesbudge

Postby 360precision » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:59 am

360precision Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:59 am
jamesbudge wrote:Hi

I have been creating some VR cube map walk-throughs using hotspots and wondered if anyone could help with a couple of queries, that I am currently stuck on.

1: Is there a way to get the button action (onRollover = ) to link to another LUA file to make a button select on a timer rather than a press of the Gear VR headset? So I could have all rollovers link to this for scrip simplicity. So after looking at the button for 3 seconds it will select, but if you roll off before that time a cancel action come in.

2: Is there any software / plugins for photoshop I can get to open and save .OKX file format for use in ORBX?

3: How can I get ORBX player to open ZIP files. I have read that this is possible, but if I zip my project up and copy it to the S6, ORBX player can view the zip file, but will not open once clicked. I have a manifest.json with my menu image but this no longer loads once in the .zip. I have also tried keeping my manifest.json, project.lua and project_list.lua outside the zip and referenced the path inside these through the .zip but it still wont load. Is there a way to packege a project into a .zip and get ORBX to open this inside the Gear VR?

I know there is a lot of development going on at the moment so fingers crossed there will be more to come. The ability to brand the ORBX viewer would be fantastic.

Thank You

James

You won't be able to do any of this until V3 or Octane and ORBX player. Otoy don't really want people using any advanced scripting as I think it will all break once the updates are out.

2. No
3. No

Matt
360precision
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby v-cube » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:21 pm

v-cube Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:21 pm
The ability to brand the ORBX viewer would be fantastic.

yes, this would be so cool! Could not agree more...

Andreas
Architectural Rendering Services
1 x 4090 GTX, 1 x 3090 GTX
http://www.v-cube.de
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:06 am

Goldorak Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:06 am
v-cube wrote:
The ability to brand the ORBX viewer would be fantastic.

yes, this would be so cool! Could not agree more...

Andreas

We are working on signed/certs for ORBX media packages. If you have OMP to load an ORBX link or local file (via android intent, icon shortcut, shell app, URL web link etc.) it will bypass the home screen/media browser and run the ORBX project as if it were a stand alone app. This is how it will also work on the PC.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby v-cube » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:11 am

v-cube Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:11 am
We are working on signed/certs for ORBX media packages. If you have OMP to load an ORBX link or local file (via android intent, icon shortcut, shell app, URL web link etc.) it will bypass the home screen/media browser and run the ORBX project as if it were a stand alone app. This is how it will also work on the PC.

This will be sooo important! This will make our VR panos appear so much more valuable/professional opposed to them being placed as one of many apps in a mainly low budget /entertainment oriented interface as we have it now... I am so relieved that this is in the making, cannot wait to get my hands on it...

thanks!

Andreas
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby v-cube » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:13 am

v-cube Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:13 am
/snip
If you have OMP to load an ORBX link or local file (via android intent

/snip

...by the way, what does "omp" mean?

Andreas
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Goldorak Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:25 pm
v-cube wrote:/snip
If you have OMP to load an ORBX link or local file (via android intent

/snip

...by the way, what does "omp" mean?

Andreas

ORBX Media Player
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby jamesbudge » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:14 pm

jamesbudge Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:14 pm
Hi,

Is there any further announcements on when ORBX viewer 3 will be released, it seems like this mythical viewer at the moment.

The branding of the viewer and the ability to package the project into a zip file would be great, ever better if the .zip could be secured.
We have had loads of interest with clients and have also been using Unity to package the project up, and so far I prefer ORBX viewer but with more and more people wanting the VR renders Unity is looking good for the immediate ability to create a branded app to view and navigate the cube maps.

Will ORBX viewer 3 also allow precise hotspot positioning and the ability to use .png sequences for animated hotspots?

I am really looking forward to the release, is there no chance of a Beta for us to start getting to grips with?

Regards

James
jamesbudge

PreviousNext

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion