e3di wrote:- JSON and lua scene files that control navigation and interactivity
- hotspot video layers (with alpha), audio and image triggers over cube maps
- navigation hotspots between different cube maps, with optional video linking for smooth navigation
- 60 fps stereo cube map animations from packed/compressed ORBX
- background audio, including on first visit, revisits, etc.
- cube map lighting layers+info channels for multi-light and more
- URL loading of a project folder
- custom blend modes for layers
Nice, will this work on google cardboard or it is just for the GearVR at present?
It will work on Cardboard too. We've already tested a prototype of this. The experience is still not comparable to the Gear VR.
These are the VR platforms in the ORBX media player roadmap once the Gear VR 2.0 apk is published:
Oculus PC/CV1 (mostly done)
Google Project Tango (w/ position tracking for pinned LF media AR etc. ~ 50% done; could possibly work on Shield devices)
Google Cardboard (50% done)
HTC Vive/SteamVR (just got the dev kit - ~25% done)
And after that:
Sony Morpheus ( 120 hz ORBX media native playback, e.g. without frame interpolation)
WebVR (Mozila/Chome/IE via ORBX.js refresh)
HoloLens (Windows 10 UAP refresh of ORBX media player required)
OSVR (may end up being supported via SteamVR)
We are working on ORBX media server module on PC that can use a Kinect or light house to provide additional pos tracking features for untethered devices like the Gear VR.