Questions about Octane VR / Poser Plugin

Forums: Questions about Octane VR / Poser Plugin
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Questions about Octane VR / Poser Plugin

Postby berlin3d » Mon May 25, 2015 1:15 am

berlin3d Mon May 25, 2015 1:15 am
Hi All,
I managed to create a stereo pano with the Poser Plugin but still have some questions.

- Is there a good workflow to set the position of the panoramic camera where i want it? In the moment it seems like trial and error where the view in Poser does not reflect the cam position in the octance render viewport.

- I added a character (v4.2) and loaded a morph and material. The additionally loaded material is shown in poser but not in the octane render viewport. Any idea why?

Thats it for now. Thank you in Advance.

Best,
Mark
berlin3d

Re: Questions about Octane VR / Poser Plugin

Postby face_off » Mon May 25, 2015 1:24 am

face_off Mon May 25, 2015 1:24 am
- Is there a good workflow to set the position of the panoramic camera where i want it? In the moment it seems like trial and error where the view in Poser does not reflect the cam position in the octance render viewport.
I will see if Wim can answer this one, as he is far progressed using the Poser plugin for VR panoramic rendering.

- I added a character (v4.2) and loaded a morph and material. The additionally loaded material is shown in poser but not in the octane render viewport. Any idea why?
The material may be constructed with Poser Material nodes, so you may need to adjust the resulting Octane material. Pls see http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Poser/?page_id=61.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Questions about Octane VR / Poser Plugin

Postby wimvdb » Mon May 25, 2015 1:52 am

wimvdb Mon May 25, 2015 1:52 am
I set the dolly camera at 25 in Poser - that seems to correspond with the camera in panoramic view. Then use the pitch and roll of the dolly cam to get a reasonable accurate view of what you see in VR. Make sure that objects are not too close otherwise they will look gigantic.

The interactive preview in the contest submission gives a distorted view and starts with the camera pointed down. With a headset this is not the case - when you load the image, it is emulating your head position, so looking forward and is not distorted
Take a look at my entry at viewtopic.php?f=97&t=47015 for my first attempt at a larger scene involving human figures

Another tip: Watch out for tiling materials with color shifts (walls, terrain, etc), the repeating pattern is now much more obvious
Configuration: Windows 11 Pro, I9 12900K, 128GB, RTX 3090, P12 b1029
wimvdb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion