Motion blur

Forums: Motion blur
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Re: Motion blur

Postby RobotRumpus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:26 pm

RobotRumpus Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:26 pm
Ok! This is starting to work. I am having another problem, though, and that is the ocs file I save out has no textures. I applied all my surfaces with octane material nodes inside Nuke, but what I load the ocs back into Nuke or into Octane standalone, they are all gone.

~Jason
RobotRumpus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:10 pm

face_off Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:10 pm
Hi Jason - it sounds like the source texturemap files have been moved? Open the Octane Log to check for any lost texturemap files. If you save to ORBX, then the resulting ORBX file will contain all the texturemaps, so it's a safer option that will not loose assets, however it also means larger export filesizes (since the ORBX contains all the scene's texturemap files).

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:16 am

face_off Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:16 am
Pls see the following video for the workflow to render Motion Blur.

Ok! This is starting to work. I am having another problem, though, and that is the ocs file I save out has no textures. I applied all my surfaces with octane material nodes inside Nuke, but what I load the ocs back into Nuke or into Octane standalone, they are all gone.
As discussed - this appears to have been due to a corrupted OCS/ORBX file. If it happens again, pls let me know.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Bug Reports