OctaneRender 2 for Nuke [STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2 for Nuke [STABLE]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender for Nuke (Windows) 2.23.2 [TEST]

Postby Jolbertoquini » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:19 am

Jolbertoquini Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:19 am
Hi Guys,
Just a question if exist a demo version as for the others plugs to test I have plug for maya and standalone but before add into the pipeline Nuke version would be good to test .
Could you show me a link for a demo please.

Thanks
JO
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender for Nuke (Windows) 2.23.2 [TEST]

Postby face_off » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:53 am

face_off Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:53 am
I Want "Hide License Key"
Close the OctaneLive Account section to hide your license details.

Some settings can not save? (ex: Device Setting, Default Kernel Setting....)
The Device settings get saved in the Octane settings, not the .nk file. I will see if I can add a "Save as Default Settings" button so the current Octane Scene gets saved as the starting scene for all new .nk files.

Some People Like "Octane Standalone UI"
But want "Octane node", Into Nuke Node-Graph (ex : Octane Light, Octane Glossy Material...)
Yes, I spent a lot of time assessing this. There are a couple of issues with implementing the Octane nodes in the Nuke node graph. The main one is that Nuke nodes are either 2d or 3d nodes, and Octane nodes are something else...so there would be complexity getting Nuke nodes to plugin into Octane nodes (a Nuke Reader into an Octane Image node for example) and vise versa. I partially implemented this system, but it was incredibly confusing to the user - you didn't know if the right thing was plugged into the right place. Then Octane nodes with lots of pins because a mess too - because the pins were squeezed around the Nuke node. And if you dragged say an Octane Checks texture node onto an Octane Glossy Material node, it didn't know if you were intending to connect the Checks to the Diffuse, Specular, Bump, Opacity or Roughness pins.

The other factor was that having the Octane nodes in the Nuke node graph created a huge number of nodes, whereas in the Octane NodeGraph you can place materials, etc is separate NodeGraphs. So from a workflow point of view you have the compositing nodes in the Nuke graph, and the rendering/scene nodes in the Octane NodeGraph.

Having an Octane Camera node made sense too, however then you couldn't look through that camera in the Nuke 3d viewer, so it seems very inconvenient.

Keep in mind that the Octane NodeGraph changes all need to sync back to the OctaneRender node (ie. change the "fov" in one and it need to automatically change in the other). So splitting the camera settings off into a different node makes it very hard to keep this sync happening.

Thanks for the feedback - keep it coming!

Just a question if exist a demo version as for the others plugs to test I have plug for maya and standalone but before add into the pipeline Nuke version would be good to test .
Could you show me a link for a demo please.
A demo version is not possible a the moment due to some of the limitations in the Octane demo version API. However I can organise a 1 month trial version if you PM or email me your Otoy account name.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender for Nuke (Windows) 2.24 [TEST]

Postby face_off » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:45 pm

face_off Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:45 pm
I have refreshed the installers at the top of this thread with:

- Added hidden function to return the render layers in use by the scene. Useful for python scripts. Sample code for use...

def getOctaneNode():
for n in nuke.allNodes():
if n.Class() == "OctaneRender":
return n

n = getOctaneNode()
rk = n.knobs()["determine_render_layers"]
rk.execute()
print str(n.knobs()["renderLayersString"].value())

- The OctaneReferenceGeometry node has been replaced with the OctaneRenderGeometry3d node - which can be plugged into a TransformGeo node and then into the OctaneRender node, and the TransformGeo transform will be applied to the OctaneReferenceGeometry3d file
- Added check when saving a OctaneReferenceGeometry3d node that the Graph node has not been deleted by the user in the Octane NodeGraph window
- Added check for when a Nuke 3d Geo node plugged into an OctaneRender node has it's name changed. The plugin will now rename the Octane Transform, Mesh and Material to match the new name. This only happens for Nuke 3d Geo nodes which are plugged into the OctaneRender node. This required a change to the Octane mesh, transform and material naming conversion for Nuke 3d geo nodes, which may break some old scenes.
- Added OctaneMaterial - which can be plugged into Nuke 3d Geo nodes and will contain a separate Octane graph containing the material for that geo item
- The ocs Writer function now writes a separate ABC file for each mesh
- The Import Octane Scene now allows importing ORBX files
- The OctaneRenderGeometry3d Save button is now only available for OCS file - since saving to an ORBX whilst it is rendering may result in lost assets.
- Added Imager checkbox Pre-Multiplied Alpha in the OctaneRender knobs panel (should be enabled for Nuke), and fixed an issue when Keep Environment was enabled clearing the alpha channel
- The render does not now automatically start when you load a scene with an OctaneRender node. To start rendering, select the OctaneRender node and click the "Start" button on the Viewer
- Added field to the OctaneReferenceGeometry3d node to specify an Octane Scatter CSV file
- Added Refresh button to the OctaneReferenceGeometry3d to reload scatter CSV
- Focus Picking when there is a Nuke camera plugged into the OctaneRender node now results in the Nuke Camera "focus distance" being set to the clicked focus distance

*** IMPORTANT (Windows only): The Octane libraries are now stored in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\NUKE\9.0\plugins\OctaneRender.bundle\ folder, and the installer will add that folder to your path. Because of this, it is essential that if you install the plugin for Nuke9, you must UNINSTALL the plugin for previous versions of Nuke (ie. Nuke8). It is also critical that you delete the following files from C:\Program Files\Nuke?.0v?: octane.dll, octane.dat and vcomp100.dll

Thanks

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender for Nuke (Windows) 2.24.1 [TEST]

Postby face_off » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:29 am

face_off Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:29 am
I have refreshed the installers at the top of this thread with:

- Compiled with Octane 2.24.1

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Elvissuperstar007 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:45 am

Elvissuperstar007 Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:45 am
DEMO ?
win 7 /64x C2Quad 6600 2.4/ Nvidia 9800 GX2 1gb 512 bit + Asus 480 GTX/ DDR2 8Gb / NVIDIA 460 GTX 2GB/2x NVIDIA 580 GTX 3GB
Page octane render " В Контакте " http://vkontakte.ru/club17913093
Elvissuperstar007
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:53 pm

face_off Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:53 pm
DEMO ?
A demo is not possible at the moment, until some changes are make to the Octane demo API. If you want a time-locked full version to try, pls PM "win".

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender for Nuke 2.24.2 [STABLE]

Postby face_off » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:34 am

face_off Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:34 am
I have migrated this thread from being the TEST release thread to the STABLE release thread. The new TEST release thread is at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=51383 and will also be used for Octane 3 releases when they start. All release notes are contained in the TEST release thread. This thread also new contains the Linux installer link (so is no longer Windows specific).

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender for Nuke 2.24.2 [STABLE]

Postby face_off » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:22 am

face_off Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:22 am
I have finally been able to resolve the issues getting the plugin to work under OSX, so there is now a working OSX version. If you would be to beta test the OSX release, pls msg me and I will organise a trial license.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Releases